Email to Lotus customer service Manger - ref colour photos

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As with a lot of us we have been agonising for hours over which colour to choose and there is lots of debate on this subject in the forum For people that will not have the luxury to see cars before locking in order. I am not happy spending such a significant amount £ on second guessing which colour ( between Magma & nimbus) it is such an important feature of the car especially when you are spec’ the car.
I have a concern the configurator will not be 100% accurate representation of what will be getting delivered and also when you look at the disc colours v’s the ones on the small car they all don’t look the same, even the blue cars some seem to be lighter than others ?
What is adding to the frustration is Lotus do have the cars in all the colours but are not willing to share these photos to customers. Having waiting circa 15 months I do then not want to be in the position of delaying my order further by potentially changing my mind once cars released and we get to see them. Therefore I have requested that my request to see these photos of two colours is passed onto the customer service Mgr.
if anyone else feels as passionately on this subject maybe the more requests they receive they might start listening to their customer 🤞🤞
I know I’m a pain in the butt 🥴

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
As with a lot of us we have been agonising for hours over which colour to choose and there is lots of debate on this subject in the forum For people that will not have the luxury to see cars before locking in order. I am not happy spending such a significant amount £ on second guessing which colour ( between Magma & nimbus) it is such an important feature of the car especially when you are spec’ the car.
I have a concern the configurator will not be 100% accurate representation of what will be getting delivered and also when you look at the disc colours v’s the ones on the small car they all don’t look the same, even the blue cars some seem to be lighter than others ?
What is adding to the frustration is Lotus do have the cars in all the colours but are not willing to share these photos to customers. Having waiting circa 15 months I do then not want to be in the position of delaying my order further by potentially changing my mind once cars released and we get to see them. Therefore I have requested that my request to see these photos of two colours is passed onto the customer service Mgr.
if anyone else feels as passionately on this subject maybe the more requests they receive they might start listening to their customer 🤞🤞
It’s the sentiment all of us are feeling…

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I completely agree,having to make the colour order before seeing it in the flesh is bonkers, and for me before the latest configurator I had to be locked in.

If I was allowed to decide after the latest configurator I would have gone for the red,but stuck with yellow as a safe bet.

Bit unfair really as I would now lose my June slot if I had changed my order,when they hadn't even started building it.

As I keep saying with this order process....it is what it is...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I completely agree,having to make the colour order before seeing it in the flesh is bonkers, and for me before the latest configurator I had to be locked in.

If I was allowed to decide after the latest configurator I would have gone for the red,but stuck with yellow as a safe bet.

Bit unfair really as I would now lose my June slot if I had changed my order,when they hadn't even started building it.

As I keep saying with this order process....it is what it is...
It does seem unfair that early depositors couldn’t change their colour spec the week the new configurator came out. They should have allowed a week after new configurator to change your mind.
BUT no one knows when in June we will get our cars or if we dealt when in July we’d get them.
You must be sure of the colour you want even ifyour build is pushed back a few weeks.

Last edited:

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It does seem unfair that early depositors couldn’t change their colour spec the week the new configurator came out. They should have allowed a week after new configurator to change your mind.
BUT no one knows when in June we will get our cars or if we dealt when in July we’d get them.
You must be sure of the colour you wan5bevennif your build is pushed back a few weeks.
The communication has been that pathetic that I fear it would not just be a few weeks.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with the yellow still (I hope).
I intend to get it wrapped at some point anyway

Samps

Reaction score
100% agree and with a whole new batch of i4 customers about to pay up and lock in specs then this will get worse - come on Lotus show us what you got ….

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you. And everyone else who emails them to complain about this. There is absolutely no excuse. They took the photos in October.

Loyal/enthusiastic early adopters being told they’ll be delayed 1-2 months by changing colour when Lotus can’t even provide photos of cars they’ve already built is unreasonable and a complete shambles.

This isn’t affecting a few hundred, this is every UK deposit up to 12 July, equivalent to 5 months of production.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thank you. And everyone else who emails them to complain about this. There is absolutely no excuse. They took the photos in October.

Loyal/enthusiastic early adopters being told they’ll be delayed 1-2 months by changing colour when Lotus can’t even provide photos of cars they’ve already built is unreasonable and a complete shambles.

This isn’t affecting a few hundred, this is every UK deposit up to 12 July, equivalent to 5 months of production.
I simply cannot fathom the reasoning behind it either....

Arsalan

Reaction score
I share the same sentiments. I ordered a magma but now starting to doubt myself if it is too maroonish rather than red.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Why don't you ask Lotus if it's okay for you to fly out to their facility in Hethel England and see the cars and colors for yourself in person.
Plus, maybe they can take you around the the racetrack for a spirited drive in an Emira demonstrator.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Why don't you ask Lotus if it's okay for you to fly out to their facility in Hethel England and see the cars and colors for yourself in person.
Plus, maybe they can take you around the the racetrack for a spirited drive in an Emira demonstrator.
I asked, no dice.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts