• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Electronic Parking Brake

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
All I know is on the test drive yesterday I came to a halt with the car facing up a hill and as soon as I took my foot off the brake it rolled backwards. I did this as a specific test to see if it had hill hold assist. I see above that the manual says it does but when I did what I did, it did not hold it. What does your car do when you stop on a slope?

Have just checked my Emira:
Car on a slope + brake pedal + clutch pedal + shift lever on 1 = hill holder activated for a few seconds.
Car on a slope + brake pedal + clutch pedal + shift lever on N = hill holder not activated.
There are no settings for the hill holder in the car menu. Selection of drive modes doesn't affect the function of the hill holder.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That seems logical to me.
You wouldn’t be doing a hill start in neutral.
But it still allows you to roll backwards should you want to.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting. My wife’s manual mercedes, when you come to a stop a second firm press on the brake pedal engages “hold”. Doesnt matter which gear you are in or neutral. I thought the Emira would do something like that. Means you are not reaching for the handbrake button all the time. My BMW motorcycle does something similar.
Thanks for testing it out for us.