Dutch eggs trader as a customer not exclusive enough, Ferrari-Munsterhuis cancels buy very expensive Ferrari

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1667330653432.png

ALMELO/HENGELO
- Dutch egg dealer Marcel Wulms (47) is crazy about Ferrari. When he learned that the Italian brand is coming with an SUV - the Purosangue - Wulms signed up 'blindly'. But Wulms is not exclusive enough: Ferrari's VIP and TOP customers take precedence. The entrepreneur does not pick that up from Weert.
The entry-level model of the new Ferrari Purosangue will cost 407.00 euros, including import tax. Equipped with all options, even 650,000 euros (GBP 600.000,-)must be paid for the twelve-cylinder. The Almelo judge Allard Zweers must therefore judge a luxury problem.
Because on Tuesday afternoon Zweers handled the summary proceedings in which Ferrari dealer Munsterhuis Sports Cars was summoned in Hengelo. The claimant was Lema in Weert, Wulms' company that should officially become the buyer of the exclusive Ferrari.
Signed blind......
Wulms signed blindly for the purchase of the Ferrari Purosangue more than two years ago. The model, the price, the colors and the versions in which the car will only be launched in 2024 were not yet known when Wulms made his scribble and immediately paid 20,000 euros. You're either a Ferrari fan or you're not.
Only for VIP and TOP customers
Munsterhuis Sports Cars had promised to sell him the seventh Ferrari Purosangue, which it would receive from Italy, Wulms says. But he got a call in September that the party is cancelled. Ferrari had decided that first the VIP customers and then the TOP customers could order a new Purosangue. It concerns customers who have already purchased several Ferraris new and "demonstrate their loyalty to the brand by participating in events that Ferrari organizes". Wulms does not belong to this exclusive group.
Redemption fee
According to his lawyer Sander Aben, the entrepreneur was first offered 60,000 and later 80,000 euros if he wanted to abandon the sale. The egg dealer refused. Contract is contract, says Wulms. He does not want to wait until 'regular' customers can buy the new Ferrari model. “Then the first ones will probably also be offered second-hand.” Munsterhuis will not have a demo model available until December 2023 and in the five years that follow, Munsterhuis may deliver a maximum of 40. The first 22 of these are reserved for VIP and TOP customers of the Hengelo dealer.
Option to buy
Lawyer Mark Ripmeester argued on behalf of Munsterhuis that there is no definitive purchase agreement at all, but an option to purchase. “There was still no agreement on price, color and execution. Moreover, Wulms could still cancel the delivery if he did not like the model.” Munsterhuis, as a dealer, is also not allowed to determine to whom it sells new Ferraris, according to Ripmeester. “Ferrari decides that for themselves. Ferrari's will is law."
Usual procedure
Judge Zweers wondered aloud what status the agreement has that Wulms already signed more than two years ago. “How am I supposed to see this paper? And why was an invoice of 20,000 euros sent for the deposit?” There was no clear answer. General manager Rob Slot of the car company indicated that this is "the usual procedure".
penalty payment
Lawyer Aben was not interested and demanded a penalty of 5000 euros with a maximum of 250,000 euros for every day that Munsterhuis does not deliver from the moment the new Ferrari is on the market.

The verdict is in two weeks.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow. Even if a judge rules Ferrari has to sell one to him, can you imagine what would happen if he had to bring it in for service? If this is how Ferrari treats customers, I wouldn't want one.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's why Jay Leno wont buy as he also doesn't like how the big F treats people ... I used to want to get a 458/488 real bad but even though I can get one used I don't like their policies. Will be very interested to see how this plays out

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I was him, I would take the 80k Euros, minus the deposit and lawyers, spend around 50 k Euros renting Lambos and drive them around Maranello full blast!

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ferraris are great to admire, but horrible to own. This is second hand as I have been talked out of buying the F brand. Ive driven them, admired them, and have some very spirited drives with them. They perform amazing with their signature sound and looks, but from what I hear from my friends and seen first hand, the craftsmanship can be shoddy (sticky buttons, weird things going wrong which would require a tow truck to pick it up and take it to the Ferrari dealer out of state.)

Plus if they treat people like this, MEH.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Even if a judge rules Ferrari has to sell one to him, can you imagine what would happen if he had to bring it in for service? If this is how Ferrari treats customers, I wouldn't want one.
yes..ordering your car before most others and paying a deposit in good faith, with cars being given out in order of deposit, according to top lotus management, then waiting 2 years to be told in fact that some random others who ordered way after you will get their cars before you, without them even being famous, this is no doubt a good reason for no one on here to buy a car from Lotus, but I dont see many actually backing out nonetheless ;) ahha
no one cares...

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 10389

ALMELO/HENGELO
- Dutch egg dealer Marcel Wulms (47) is crazy about Ferrari. When he learned that the Italian brand is coming with an SUV - the Purosangue - Wulms signed up 'blindly'. But Wulms is not exclusive enough: Ferrari's VIP and TOP customers take precedence. The entrepreneur does not pick that up from Weert.
The entry-level model of the new Ferrari Purosangue will cost 407.00 euros, including import tax. Equipped with all options, even 650,000 euros (GBP 600.000,-)must be paid for the twelve-cylinder. The Almelo judge Allard Zweers must therefore judge a luxury problem.
Because on Tuesday afternoon Zweers handled the summary proceedings in which Ferrari dealer Munsterhuis Sports Cars was summoned in Hengelo. The claimant was Lema in Weert, Wulms' company that should officially become the buyer of the exclusive Ferrari.
Signed blind......
Wulms signed blindly for the purchase of the Ferrari Purosangue more than two years ago. The model, the price, the colors and the versions in which the car will only be launched in 2024 were not yet known when Wulms made his scribble and immediately paid 20,000 euros. You're either a Ferrari fan or you're not.
Only for VIP and TOP customers
Munsterhuis Sports Cars had promised to sell him the seventh Ferrari Purosangue, which it would receive from Italy, Wulms says. But he got a call in September that the party is cancelled. Ferrari had decided that first the VIP customers and then the TOP customers could order a new Purosangue. It concerns customers who have already purchased several Ferraris new and "demonstrate their loyalty to the brand by participating in events that Ferrari organizes". Wulms does not belong to this exclusive group.
Redemption fee
According to his lawyer Sander Aben, the entrepreneur was first offered 60,000 and later 80,000 euros if he wanted to abandon the sale. The egg dealer refused. Contract is contract, says Wulms. He does not want to wait until 'regular' customers can buy the new Ferrari model. “Then the first ones will probably also be offered second-hand.” Munsterhuis will not have a demo model available until December 2023 and in the five years that follow, Munsterhuis may deliver a maximum of 40. The first 22 of these are reserved for VIP and TOP customers of the Hengelo dealer.
Option to buy
Lawyer Mark Ripmeester argued on behalf of Munsterhuis that there is no definitive purchase agreement at all, but an option to purchase. “There was still no agreement on price, color and execution. Moreover, Wulms could still cancel the delivery if he did not like the model.” Munsterhuis, as a dealer, is also not allowed to determine to whom it sells new Ferraris, according to Ripmeester. “Ferrari decides that for themselves. Ferrari's will is law."
Usual procedure
Judge Zweers wondered aloud what status the agreement has that Wulms already signed more than two years ago. “How am I supposed to see this paper? And why was an invoice of 20,000 euros sent for the deposit?” There was no clear answer. General manager Rob Slot of the car company indicated that this is "the usual procedure".
penalty payment
Lawyer Aben was not interested and demanded a penalty of 5000 euros with a maximum of 250,000 euros for every day that Munsterhuis does not deliver from the moment the new Ferrari is on the market.

The verdict is in two weeks.
Maybe this is why you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
yes..ordering your car before most others and paying a deposit in good faith, with cars being given out in order of deposit, according to top lotus management, then waiting 2 years to be told in fact that some random others who ordered way after you will get their cars before you, without them even being famous, this is no doubt a good reason for no one on here to buy a car from Lotus, but I dont see many actually backing out nonetheless ;) ahha
no one cares...
Actually, I reckon a lot of us do care, but Lotus, at the moment at least, have the upper hand, in that they have thousands of deposits and a long waiting list. I need to thoroughly inspect and drive the Emira before deciding whether I want to proceed with the purchase. Whatever the outcome, I'll never buy another car from them, on principle.