Drop in volume after sat nav voice? ( Car play issue)

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi

I'll soon be doing a 1000 mile review soon( maybe 1200 so I can give it the beans).

In the meantime, I've got a weird glitch that I want to see if anyone else can shed any light on. Picture the scene, I'm cruising the mean streets of west yorkshire with my spotify tunes or pod cast playing ( Wireless, not cabled) , and I've also got the sat nav on for directions.

What happens is immediately after the sat nav voice finishes ( turn left etc) and returns to the audio source the volume of the source drops by a fair bit. This happens regardless of the sat nav used ( Lotus/Google/Waze - I've tried all three). So I have to turn it up again. Then repeat .

Has anyone else had this ? If so, did you fix it and how?

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you don’t touch every time again up, it will go to zero volume?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I'll soon be doing a 1000 mile review soon( maybe 1200 so I can give it the beans).

In the meantime, I've got a weird glitch that I want to see if anyone else can shed any light on. Picture the scene, I'm cruising the mean streets of west yorkshire with my spotify tunes or pod cast playing ( Wireless, not cabled) , and I've also got the sat nav on for directions.

What happens is immediately after the sat nav voice finishes ( turn left etc) and returns to the audio source the volume of the source drops by a fair bit. This happens regardless of the sat nav used ( Lotus/Google/Waze - I've tried all three). So I have to turn it up again. Then repeat .

Has anyone else had this ? If so, did you fix it and how?

This has been reported by a few others. I don't know of a solution yet, but will post back if I hear anything.

Reactions: PJS
OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This has been reported by a few others. I don't know of a solution yet, but will post back if I hear anything.
Thank you. I need to improve my forum searching skills!

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Slide the volume on the iPhone to max. Then turn the volume down on the music via the car, then start the sat nav. When the sat nav is speaking, turn that down to the level you would want, maybe a bit below, again via the car. Then, turn the volume up on the music, via the car again... The next sat nav command should then come in at the previous level, and then hand back off to the music increasing the volume back to where you had it.

I think the music volume is too high in the car system, so when the sat nav finishes the unit determines the music volume is too high so will kick it back down to low. I had something similar in my Merc. I think it's to protect the speakers and your ears from sudden spikes in audio volume. Just a guess, as i dont have the Emira yet to test it

OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Right think I'm getting to the solution. in this menu. Problem is you need to toggle it when driving and the touchscreen isn't the most responsive, going to be some trial and error
Volume Adjustment.jpg