• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

driver profiles anyone?

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
More or less by coincidence I found driver profiles on the centre display today.

I was obviously using the guest profile all the time and I am wondering now what you can do with those four driver profiles. Do they offer something special?

At least I found something interesting, see attached:
IMG_8012.jpeg

Car key - unlock and auto sign-in with car key.

Does it mean I don't need the key button to open the cay anymore when this is activated? Someone already tried this?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From the UK manual - but it doesn't mention the car key option. I suspect that this is a later update that allows the key used to open the car to also set an associated profile (as happens with many other cars) if selected - I haven't got a car to test with yet though but this will be great if so - especially seat position 1 for driving for each key/driver and seat position 2 all the way back for easier access (hopefully)!

108.jpg
109.jpg
110.jpg

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm interpreting this to mean 4+1 different seat memory combinations are possible?

OP
TomAce

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What came to my mind is you could also use it for different usages e.g.

Profile 1: Standard (relaxed seating position)
Profile 2: Race (more upright seating position)

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My understanding is that a number of the settings can be tuned based on the profile, so you and your partner can each have a key that unlocks to their own profile with memory seats and some other configurations attached.

What's unclear to me though is which options are global and which are profile specific.

I know that seating position is profile specific, as is the option to have the car beep when it locks (came on by default when I added a new profile).

What I haven't tried is whether things like phone attachments are profile specific, that would be kinda useful 🤔

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The infotainment manual isn’t very specific about which settings are profile and which are global.
Unsurprisingly.