• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Down to 3

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Any idea why the updated configure site now only has three wheel choices? I liked the black base wheels not the light weight. They are no longer shown as an option.

Attachments

• 24D92075-95D6-4DEE-A24D-C70D00F80F55.png
    24D92075-95D6-4DEE-A24D-C70D00F80F55.png
    285 KB · Views: 62

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
First Editions come with the forged 20" wheels only.. Diamond cut, black, and silver.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Any idea why the updated configure site now only has three wheel choices? I liked the black base wheels not the light weight. They are no longer shown as an option.
Yes because these are the 3 wheel choices for the first edition only, as it comes fully loaded with all the extras as standard. Hence, the 3 other wheel choices will be standard on the base model when it’s configurator goes live online. Lotus are not very good in communication and seem to be burning the candle at both ends per say.

OP
Green

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes because these are the 3 wheel choices for the first edition only, as it comes fully loaded with all the extras as standard. Hence, the 3 other wheel choices will be standard on the base model when it’s configurator goes live online. Lotus are not very good in communication and seem to be burning the candle at both ends per say.
Oh that’s weird. Why show the other wheels on the first configurations and then take them away. Very strange but I can live with black light weight just not my first choice. Thanks.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Oh that’s weird. Why show the other wheels on the first configurations and then take them away. Very strange but I can live with black light weight just not my first choice. Thanks.
Not to be a jerk, but can someone please explain to me why it is that some are willing to spend $100K on a car, and easily arguable as a luxury item, and yet not get precisely what they want? I’m perplexed by this willingness to settle for something less than our first choice. I’m not talking about things like a choice of engine, transmission or suspension. After all, Emira isn’t a hand built item whose features are infinitely customizable. But simple cosmetic elements for which manufacturers typically offer myriad choices are significantly and in some cases inexplicably limited for future Emira owners. In settling, we simply invite these restrictions to continue. I really don’t get it. Early adopters of Emira are the most loyal Lotus customers. Why should we have to settle around the simple things? 6 colors. Really? No 12 o’clock strip on the steering wheel of a manual transmission car? Really? I’m not advocating for insurrection here. But how about stauncly advocating what we want? Even if it means deferring a purchase until what we want is available. Perhaps Lotus is convinced by the number of deposits that a deferring buyer will simply be replaced by the next person in line willing to compromise. We all have freedom of choice, and can choose what we are willing to compromise on. But a little resistance may lead to more expansive choices for all of us. In the end, that’s good not just for us, but for Lotus too!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Not to be a jerk, but can someone please explain to me why it is that some are willing to spend $100K on a car, and easily arguable as a luxury item, and yet not get precisely what they want? I’m perplexed by this willingness to settle for something less than our first choice. I’m not talking about things like a choice of engine, transmission or suspension. After all, Emira isn’t a hand built item whose features are infinitely customizable. But simple cosmetic elements for which manufacturers typically offer myriad choices are significantly and in some cases inexplicably limited for future Emira owners. In settling, we simply invite these restrictions to continue. I really don’t get it. Early adopters of Emira are the most loyal Lotus customers. Why should we have to settle around the simple things? 6 colors. Really? No 12 o’clock strip on the steering wheel of a manual transmission car? Really? I’m not advocating for insurrection here. But how about stauncly advocating what we want? Even if it means deferring a purchase until what we want is available. Perhaps Lotus is convinced by the number of deposits that a deferring buyer will simply be replaced by the next person in line willing to compromise. We all have freedom of choice, and can choose what we are willing to compromise on. But a little resistance may lead to more expansive choices for all of us. In the end, that’s good not just for us, but for Lotus too!
It will purely be down to making production times as swift as possible. Different car I know (but still low volume and built in bespoke factory) my GR Yaris was available in 4 colours and with 3 packs. This enables them to be as efficient as possible and if it works for the Japanese then it must be best practice. Lotus of old could do a myriad of modifications based on user preference, but that won't work at this time with the new streamlined higher production numbers Lotus. That's not to say it won't be possible, it will (think Porsche options). Just not now at the moment if you want your new Emira this side of 2023