Doug's show used MY picture of an emira!

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
image.png

so i know most of you wont care but i thought this was so cool... I posted this pic of the emira on reddit in the first week they arrived at dealers. I thought it was so cool to suddenly see my pic on a show with such a famous member of the community :) such a weird gradual realization while they chatted about it

also might be cool for the owner of that car if hes in here. only one red + black pack in Austin TX at the time

attached is the exact pic from my phone

Attachments

• IMG_3587.jpg
    IMG_3587.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
He is insufferable and I don't understand his appeal. But hey, to each their own.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I am bored Ill just go down a rabbit hole of his videos on random vehicles. People dont like him but I like him and enjoy his little tidbits about the things of the car you would never know.

OP
EZcheezy

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I like Doug tho his reviews hit different now that hes rich

he sold cars&bids for like 20 million i forget exactly and hes already making bank from just youtube and now has a car collection in the millions. so no longer that relatable goofy guy he used to be

Last edited:

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
: Doug on Harry's Garage:-"He's British..and you can not accept the words from Brits about British cars"

lmao didn't know that was a rule

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

he sold cars&bids for like 20 million i forget exactly and hes already making bank from just youtube and now has a car collection in the millions. so no longer that relatable goofy guy he used to be

And the constant plugs for that site are gag-worthy. Yeah, he's not the plucky car reviewer anymore. Now he's another salesman and it shows in the reviews.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I don’t hate the guy for being successful but yes it feels different than the early days. He used to be entertaining for basically making fun of goofy cars. I think he drank a bit of his own kool aid as he leans SO heavy into his own personality. That gets a little stale.

But he’s still like us in that he dreamed about all these cool cars. He just owns some of them now.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I like Doug. I just wish his production value increased with his success just like Throttle House and Hagerty.

Knowing he can afford better production, but uses his iPhone feels more like a gimmick.

Also, his friend Marques Brownlee copies his entire car review style so it feels diluted.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I don’t hate the guy for being successful but yes it feels different than the early days. He used to be entertaining for basically making fun of goofy cars. I think he drank a bit of his own kool aid as he leans SO heavy into his own personality. That gets a little stale.

But he’s still like us in that he dreamed about all these cool cars. He just owns some of them now.

Doug isn't bad in providing a general overview of what makes cars appealing. His personal takes are well, personal takes and I frankly find I disagree with many of them. Personally I wish he were more technical in his reviews and problems of some cars.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Doug isn't bad in providing a general overview of what makes cars appealing. His personal takes are well, personal takes and I frankly find I disagree with many of them. Personally I wish he were more technical in his reviews and problems of some cars.
To each his own. There are other guys out there that are super technical that are fun. I like Doug’s take on basically is it a cool car to drive, be seen in and own. It’s just an opinion.