❔ QUESTION Does the Emira come with standard Ceramic brakes?

Atlantis Blue Emira

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Emira comes with Ceramic brakes standard? If they want this car to compete on a track with a Porsche, you would think they would offer Ceramic brakes, so either it is standard and I can't find the answer, or it is NOT an option and will be an option in later models.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume you're referring to carbon ceramic brakes and not just ceramic pads. The Emira has 2-piece steel rotors with aluminum hats on all the FE's. I can't think of many cars (if any) at the Emira's price point that come with carbon ceramics standard.

Most here would agree the Emira is not primarily a track car. While It certainly can be used as such, it's much more suited (and designed for) road use by driving enthusiasts.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone know if the Emira comes with Ceramic brakes standard? If they want this car to compete on a track with a Porsche, you would think they would offer Ceramic brakes, so either it is standard and I can't find the answer, or it is NOT an option and will be an option in later models.
NOT Standard, NOT an option, and we DON´T KNOW about later

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Where did you get the idea that they want this car to compete on track with a Porsche? It's a road car, not a track special.

Plus, the brakes are very good. I don't know what ceramic brakes are going to do for you that the standard AP Racing brakes don't already accomplish.

OP
Atlantis Blue Emira

Atlantis Blue Emira

Reaction score
I assume you're referring to carbon ceramic brakes and not just ceramic pads. The Emira has 2-piece steel rotors with aluminum hats on all the FE's. I can't think of many cars (if any) at the Emira's price point that come with carbon ceramics standard.

Most here would agree the Emira is not primarily a track car. While It certainly can be used as such, it's much more suited (and designed for) road use by driving enthusiasts.
Thank you for the answer. Yes was referring to carbon ceramic brakes. Makes sense for the price point, but wanted to have wishful thinking :)

OP
Atlantis Blue Emira

Atlantis Blue Emira

Reaction score
Where did you get the idea that they want this car to compete on track with a Porsche? It's a road car, not a track special.

Plus, the brakes are very good. I don't know what ceramic brakes are going to do for you that the standard AP Racing brakes don't already accomplish.
Some rumblings of car enthusiast probably wishing it could be up to par with a GT3RS at this price point.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Some rumblings of car enthusiast probably wishing it could be up to par with a GT3RS at this price point.

You're going to get that with the Emira's supercar looks! But as others have said, it's a sporty GT car with 400HP. Carbon ceramic brakes would be overkill and very expensive to replace (front pads and cc rotors for a McLaren 570s are ~$12k just in parts). The AP racing brakes are excellent for a street car and will handle track duty just fine (though you may want high temp fluid like RBF600 and some dedicated track pads if doing more than a couple track days a year).

OP
Atlantis Blue Emira

Atlantis Blue Emira

Reaction score
You're going to get that with the Emira's supercar looks! But as others have said, it's a sporty GT car with 400HP. Carbon ceramic brakes would be overkill and very expensive to replace (front pads and cc rotors for a McLaren 570s are ~$12k just in parts). The AP racing brakes are excellent for a street car and will handle track duty just fine (though you may want high temp fluid like RBF600 and some dedicated track pads if doing more than a couple track days a year).
Good points. Thanks for the tip on the comment below
may want high temp fluid like RBF600 and some dedicated track pads if doing more than a couple track days a year

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fwiw most Porsche guys who track a lot/seriously swap from PCCB to steel rotors and appropriate pads for the lower running costs and the performance isnt hindered really.
Porsche pccb brakes pads can get eaten up in as little as two track days of hard use, at $1200+ for pads it gets pricey quick!

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am currently in talks with a company that manufacturer carbon ceramic brake discs in any size and have worked in collaboration with AP Racing on many occasions. I was looking to get them for my RS3 before I traded in for the Emira. They want me to send them a front and rear disc which is a pain but I may see if AP Racing can send them all the information they need directly and advise or supply the correct brake pads. I will update when I know more.

I have no idea if they save as much weight as getting the lightest wheel option but they do have the added benefit of not covering the wheels with brake dust after relatively short journeys.

Last edited: