Distribution of deposit holders?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight as to the distribution of deposit makers around the globe, whether the distribution is aligned with the allocations to dealers and how specific customers are to be prioritized? Seems to me there can’t really be one master list of deposit makers and all of us sit at one spot on said list. It seems clear from all the events of these last 48 hours that UK buyers are being prioritized. But what about the non-UK deposit makers who were Johnny on the spot with their deposits. How is this all being conceived. Anyone have any ideas?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Different approaches in different countries. UK currently has a single national queue, which will shortly split into queues for V6 FE, i4 FE and own spec due to timing differences.

US is based on allocations to individual dealers out of a national allocation for 2022, then it's for each dealer to decide how they do their queue (most will be in date of deposit order). I think Canada is the same.

We don't know yet how the orders for different countries will be interleaved. But it's safe to assume all will follow the V6 FE, i4 FE, own spec sequence. I also know that first US deliveries were due to start 2-3 months after first UK ones, but that may change. The other factor is logistics, as Lotus will want to ship in batches and then those will have to be moved from port to dealers. Will the batches be by dealer, state, region or some other factor?

UK is being prioritised at the moment because UK V6 FE deliveries will be first, so Lotus need that part of the queue firmed up first. That also fits with UK dealer roadshows starting next week until early Nov. US roadshows aren't until Nov so it's very likely US customers won't have to decide V6/i4/FE/own-spec until Nov/Dec/Jan. But you'll have US pricing in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Different approaches in different countries. UK currently has a single national queue, which will shortly split into queues for V6 FE, i4 FE and own spec due to timing differences.

US is based on allocations to individual dealers out of a national allocation for 2022, then it's for each dealer to decide how they do their queue (most will be in date of deposit order). I think Canada is the same.

We don't know yet how the orders for different countries will be interleaved. But it's safe to assume all we follow the V6 FE, i4 FE, own spec sequence. I also know that first US deliveries were due to start 2-3 months after first UK ones, but that may change. The other factor is logistics, as Lotus will want to ship in batches and then those will have to be moved from port to dealers. Will the batches be by dealer, state, region or some other factor?

UK is being prioritised at the moment because UK V6 FE deliveries will be first, so Lotus need that part of the queue firmed up first. That also fits with UK dealer roadshows starting next week until early Nov. US roadshows aren't until Nov so it's very likely US customers won't have to decide V6/i4/FE/own-spec until Nov/Dec/Jan. But you'll have US pricing in the next two weeks.
This is an important question - who gets what, when. Hypothetically, a dealer has to call all its depositors to confirm who wishes to pursue a build order and who has decided otherwise. So, after Lotus has pared the list to eliminate duplicates, the Dealer has to pare the depositor list for the 'serious interest,' aligning with a hypothetical allocation number. A game of first-in, first out? As well as seating-is-limited this go-around. Inquiring minds want to know...