Depreciation/Appreciation on New Lotus Emiras

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think ever car would have to go up quite a bit to justify 100k for the emira but who knows. Finance rates are the real dictator of price here!.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
I think trade in value of a year old V6FE this time next year will be £70k approx. I'm not being negative about the car, I just think we are going back to how the vehicle market was in 2009/10 (but with a higher base point).

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just been reading about a guy that's lost 60k in a Tycan is 12 mths, don't think we need to worry 🤣
I have not 'lost' it until I sell it or roll it in for another. Just saying that was what I faced had i traded now. When I say lost I mean the scum bags in westminster lost it so not so bad really....

AndySXV

Reaction score
Twenty for sale now 🐬 nobody even wants to beat the price hike 🤷‍♂️
I’ve still got a long wait for mine but seriously thinking about buying one. But can’t justify why I’m giving someone £7k to £12k markup! Come the summer when more cars are out there and folks genuinely can’t afford or don’t want to pay the higher price and higher APR, I think you will be able to have your pick of colour and spec and not pay anything over list price. If you take a new one at £85k you won’t be flipping it for £95 or £100k

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve still got a long wait for mine but seriously thinking about buying one. But can’t justify why I’m giving someone £7k to £12k markup! Come the summer when more cars are out there and folks genuinely can’t afford or don’t want to pay the higher price and higher APR, I think you will be able to have your pick of colour and spec and not pay anything over list price. If you take a new one at £85k you won’t be flipping it for £95 or £100k
Plenty of choice, 25 now for sale, none seem to be leaving the classifieds

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Plenty for sale on autotrader. I reckon you could bag one for close to list price if you push hard enough, not enough demand out there to pay overs and it would save you a long wait too. Good luck!

AndySXV

Reaction score
Plenty of choice, 25 now for sale, none seem to be leaving the classifieds
I notice that, they all seem pretty dead in the water at the minute, and the more that come seems to make folks even more nervous. My only reservation is if I buy one now, what will it be worth realistically when my new one arrives? Especially if folks are parting with them as quick as what they are currently doing.
Plenty for sale on autotrader. I reckon you could bag one for close to list price if you push hard enough, not enough demand out there to pay overs and it would save you a long wait too. Good luck!
that’s what I was thinking, I don’t mind paying a little bit, I think most cars are landing around the £81,500 mark with RFL etc so my thought is £83,500!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I notice that, they all seem pretty dead in the water at the minute, and the more that come seems to make folks even more nervous. My only reservation is if I buy one now, what will it be worth realistically when my new one arrives? Especially if folks are parting with them as quick as what they are currently doing.

that’s what I was thinking, I don’t mind paying a little bit, I think most cars are landing around the £81,500 mark with RFL etc so my thought is £83,500!
When is yours coming ? there’s 3 near £83.5 depending what colour your after

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There is a huge problem that these flipped don’t get, financing is killing thier sale. In the UK it seams that prices are more constrained due to the size of the market.
The North American market will also be pressured by rising interest rates and inflation which is squeezing everyone budget, Rolex’s, Corvette’s & Porsche’s are all returning to normal depreciation.
All three have returned to retail prices.
If the wait remains over 1.5 years in the US then Emira will depreciate much less, the price increase will only help the FE’s that are not effected by the increase. Those cars that are sold at the increase price will have greater depression pressure.
Buy to enjoy, not in hopes of making money.

AndySXV

Reaction score
No idea to be honest! I am now at the back of the queue for a V6 1st Ed Auto. Hopefully with even more cancelled orders Lotus CS are saying could be this year. I might have a deal on a PX for my GT430 too.
There is a huge problem that these flipped don’t get, financing is killing thier sale. In the UK it seams that prices are more constrained due to the size of the market.
The North American market will also be pressured by rising interest rates and inflation which is squeezing everyone budget, Rolex’s, Corvette’s & Porsche’s are all returning to normal depreciation.
All three have returned to retail prices.
If the wait remains over 1.5 years in the US then Emira will depreciate much less, the price increase will only help the FE’s that are not effected by the increase. Those cars that are sold at the increase price will have greater depression pressure.
Buy to enjoy, not in hopes of making money.
cars are like the women in my life, I’ve only ever bought to enjoy 😉

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think there was a discussion about this early on, but I lost track of it. What is the "most expensive spec" for the First Edition? Like, First Edition lets you choose from a bunch of no-cost options, but presumably those options will have different upsell prices on the base. So does alcantara cost more than leather? Red leather cost more than black leather? Colored calipers more than black? Diamond Cut wheels more than black or silver? Certainly Cup2 must cost more than the goodyears.

Just curious what the best value for the money is on the first edition.

AndySXV

Reaction score
I think there was a discussion about this early on, but I lost track of it. What is the "most expensive spec" for the First Edition? Like, First Edition lets you choose from a bunch of no-cost options, but presumably those options will have different upsell prices on the base. So does alcantara cost more than leather? Red leather cost more than black leather? Colored calipers more than black? Diamond Cut wheels more than black or silver? Certainly Cup2 must cost more than the goodyears.

Just curious what the best value for the money is on the first edition.
For what it’s worth, this is what I think. Metallic paint, leather (any colour) alcantara steering wheel, coloured calipers, diamond cut wheels, black pack and auto will all be expensive cost options. That’s what I have spec’d for my Emira. Side note: on a McLaren Artura, that’s £30 grand of options!!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, this is what I think. Metallic paint, leather (any colour) alcantara steering wheel, coloured calipers, diamond cut wheels, black pack and auto will all be expensive cost options. That’s what I have spec’d for my Emira. Side note: on a McLaren Artura, that’s £30 grand of options!!

Well the alcantara wheel, black pack and auto are already cost options on the FE, I was more wondering about the no-cost stuff that's optional for base. Like if I wanted to spec a car that was most protected from depreciation for my FE MSRP. Part of me thinks it would be an Alcantara interior, Cup2s, Sport suspension, diamond cut wheels.

My spec is already locked, just curious. I only chose one of those things.