Deposit down - 60 week wait! 1 year to lap it up

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's disappointing that there isn't a cap or at least a time limit imposed on last orders for an FE- it detracts from the prestige of driving a limited edition vehicle and being an early adopter.
Agreed, and Lotus have been cagey about it and given mixed messages. At the end of last year they were saying you would need to place a deposit by some date in March to get a V6 FE. But you can still order one now and no end point visible.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry, unsure what you mean by this? You can't order base spec yet - FE is still only one you can place an order for (in the UK at least).

Called up Lotus UK who said that you can FE can be ordered up until all allocations (units/time) are accounted for at which point it will be removed from website. Spec'd up, reserved, paid my £4k deposit last week.
What I mean is I put in a deposit almost 9 months ago and won’t be getting a FE car.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
W
What I mean is I put in a deposit almost 9 months ago and won’t be getting a FE car.
What is the price of a FE Emira in states on the road if you don't mind me asking?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
W
What is the price of a FE Emira in states on the road if you don't mind me asking?
FE price for V6 with manual is $93,900 U.S.

We have what's called a Destination Charge which is what is charged to transport the vehicle from the factory to the dealer you buy it from. I don't believe that's been revealed yet, but I'm expecting it to be at least $2,000.

On top of that we also have sales tax, but that's dependent on the state you live in, as each state varies. Sales tax is a combination of what the state charges, and what the local city/county you live in charges. The state tax rate can be anywhere from 0 (5 states don't charge sales tax) to California which has the highest rate of 7.5%. The local taxes vary too, and they're added to the state sales tax.

Then we have vehicle registration and license fees that individual Departments of Motor Vehicles (DMV) charge. That can vary too depending on where you live.

So best case is you live in a state with 0 sales tax, minimum local tax, and a low registration fee. Adding the destination charge (let's assume it's $2,000 for easy math) that puts you at $95,900 + maybe $300-$400 local sales tax and registration.

Worst case you live in California in an area with a high local tax. You'll be paying another $12,000+ on top of the $95,900. Then add insurance, and the FE in a large metropolitan area in California can be a $110,000 car.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
FE price for V6 with manual is $93,900 U.S.

We have what's called a Destination Charge which is what is charged to transport the vehicle from the factory to the dealer you buy it from. I don't believe that's been revealed yet, but I'm expecting it to be at least $2,000.

On top of that we also have sales tax, but that's dependent on the state you live in, as each state varies. Sales tax is a combination of what the state charges, and what the local city/county you live in charges. The state tax rate can be anywhere from 0 (5 states don't charge sales tax) to California which has the highest rate of 7.5%. The local taxes vary too, and they're added to the state sales tax.

Then we have vehicle registration and license fees that individual Departments of Motor Vehicles (DMV) charge. That can vary too depending on where you live.

So best case is you live in a state with 0 sales tax, minimum local tax, and a low registration fee. Adding the destination charge (let's assume it's $2,000 for easy math) that puts you at $95,900 + maybe $300-$400 local sales tax and registration.

Worst case you live in California in an area with a high local tax. You'll be paying another $12,000+ on top of the $95,900. Then add insurance, and the FE in a large metropolitan area in California can be a $110,000 car.
In NY state it varies by county, but mine charges 8% interest, and I know of some places, like Philadelphia, PA where it is 8.75%.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm still really surprised that there are still FE allocations available in the UK, given that all the US slots had been spoken for by mid-July 2021. One wonders why they didn't just shift more allocations to the markets that want them - it's not like the cars have been built already.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect there’s more to it than build capacity. I think model year and legislative timings plus regional margin differences are probably factors too.

It’s a shame they can’t get more into the US to meet the demand and slightly odd there’s still no clear end to the UK availability.