• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Dents over top of roll bar?

hellasf1

Reaction score
Does anyone have like 4 dents in a line above the roof where the roll bar probably sits? Kind of hard to see.

Attachments

• IMG_4793.jpeg
    IMG_4793.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 139
OP
H

hellasf1

Reaction score
Yea hard to see I just saw it today was At a detail shop discussing PPF and they pointed it out. Hard to capture on camera.

It looked like it’s where they stamped it. Seeing live in person.

You think that could be a warranty claim?

Last edited:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Reminds me of in the Evora, there is a dimple on many cars behind the doors. It’s a mounting bracket, perhaps over tightened.
It could be something like that. Do we know how the roof attaches?
Personally I can’t see it from your photos so I hope it doesn’t annoy you too much.

kennyn

Reaction score
The Emira on the stand at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of years ago had very noticeable indentations on the roof. It wasn't a great look for Lotus as they attempted to convince the attendees that quality issues were a thing of the past.

OP
H

hellasf1

Reaction score
Yea I can’t always see them but after someone, of course a detailer pointed them out it might bug me.

Question is, is this a warranty claim or just live with it?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just checked my roof and it's smooth without any dents. Is that panel structural?

OP
H

hellasf1

Reaction score
I’ll bring it up to my dealer and see what they can do. I only saw it there that 1 time. You have to catch it just right so idk if it’s worth the headache if I don’t see it all the time or if I’m hunting for it.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ll bring it up to my dealer and see what they can do. I only saw it there that 1 time. You have to catch it just right so idk if it’s worth the headache if I don’t see it all the time or if I’m hunting for it.
It might also be solvable by putting a little bit of foam padding above the roof hoop structure, under the roof skin. It would be a job to pull down the headliner to get to it, but a HELL of a lot better than trying to replace the roof itself.