Dealer Demo cars in Europe and UK

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Surely that was already a customer-allocated car? Or has it been cancelled by the original customer? It would be another frustration for existing deposit holders that a car is listed for sale so quickly and available to anyone to jump the queue.
Maybe the dealer ‘paid’ someone to order it? It’s a common action in the trade.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
True, and dealers will order on their own account. The direct model in the UK largely eliminates this, but Lotus have less control over how non-UK dealers behave.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Wonder how much it currently costs to import an Emira from UK to Japan or similar taking advantage of our incredible GBP at the moment

Last edited:

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Surely that was already a customer-allocated car? Or has it been cancelled by the original customer? It would be another frustration for existing deposit holders that a car is listed for sale so quickly and available to anyone to jump the queue.
My thought exactly!! Seems a bit unfair to those of us (well not me yet) who have waited somewhat patiently for years to get a car. Nice markup too. If someone wants to pay $150K for an Emira have at it, I'm not.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira just arrived at Lotus the Netherlands, reserved immediately, see pictures and price (link)
= € 149.487,- / $ 146.500,-

View attachment 9339
Reservation is over, car is free for sale again..........
Could be that after test drive the person that reserved this Emira was not interested any more.
There certainly will be somebody interested in future.

This Emira was spot in Germany........rather large large wheel gaps imo.........I think the Emira is not always beautiful from all angles..........this imo is a typical not so / unattractive point of view..........

1665174368539.png

Last edited:

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Reservation is over, car is free for sale again..........
Could be that after test drive the person that reserved this Evora was not interested any more.
There certainly will be somebody interested in future.

This Evora was spot in Germany........rather large large wheel gaps imo.........I think the Evora is not always beautiful from all angles..........this imo is a typical not so / unattractive point of view..........

View attachment 9563
Emira not Evora

schorsch

Reaction score
Hi there,

I visited my Lotus dealership here in Germany (Komotec) to get sth fixed on my Lotus Evora S and I witnessed the first three Emira customer cars in their showroom/workshop (Dark Verdant, Seneca, Shadow). I had the opportunity to sit in the car and take some pictures, but I couldn't do a test drive because those cars were all customer cars. In fact, they have received customer cars (and are awaiting man more in the next couple of days) while not having received their long promised demo cars yet.

I want to share a couple of impressions / observations, especially some that I haven't yet read about here:
  1. hand-brake: I spotted a second brake calliper on the back wheels. Besides the main colored brake calliper there is a second smaller black one on each side of the rear axle. I was told that this is for the hand-brake. I have never seen that before (may have missed it because the black color makes it hard to see).
  2. boot lid: I was told that on the boot lid (on that area of the duck-tail spoiler) water will gather (up to appr. 2.5 liter) when the car gets wet. When you lift up the boot-lid the water will rinse through an opening right underneath the rear window directly into the engine bay. That mean that the engine bay is somewhat open. The person at Komotec told me also that one has to open the boot lid slowly when there is water, otherwise the water can rinse into the boot.
  3. I attached some pictures comparing the tint of the side and rear windows. One car had the factory tint, the other didn't.
  4. The seats: The seat looks nice and feels high quality (I sat in the Alcantara seat only). BUT there is a huge problem with the headrest. I am 6 feet 2 and the headrest touched the bottom part of my head only, mostly the neck area. This just doesn't feel uncomfortable but is also a security risk in case of a crash. I have no idea how this can be road-legal in Germany. For people greater than 6 feet 3, the head will stick over the headrest. This could be a reason for me to not keep the car or look for aftermarket seats.
  5. The German cars come with the mesh grille / exposed gear stick (as opposed to the closed cover that was seen on some other cars).
  6. There were 2 small pieces of PPF right behind the front wheel and right before the real wheel (see picture).
  7. The front license plate mount comes preinstalled from the factory - at least for german cars.
I was told that my Emira (Hethel Yellow, Manual, Touring, Black pack, DC wheels) should arrive in a few weeks. I'll of course share my impressions here once I have the car.
tempImagexPxQlI.png
tempImageImLUUh.png
tempImageSxraj7.png
tempImage5CDVXA.png
tempImagerD24MG.png
tempImageUJqvJH.png
tempImage21gKRn.png
tempImaged5HCK6.png

Attachments

• tempImageq7jDNl.png
    tempImageq7jDNl.png
    751.2 KB · Views: 68
  • tempImageCDOdik.png
    tempImageCDOdik.png
    656.6 KB · Views: 74

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi there,

I visited my Lotus dealership here in Germany (Komotec) to get sth fixed on my Lotus Evora S and I witnessed the first three Emira customer cars in their showroom/workshop (Dark Verdant, Seneca, Shadow). I had the opportunity to sit in the car and take some pictures, but I couldn't do a test drive because those cars were all customer cars. In fact, they have received customer cars (and are awaiting man more in the next couple of days) while not having received their long promised demo cars yet.

I want to share a couple of impressions / observations, especially some that I haven't yet read about here:
  1. hand-brake: I spotted a second brake calliper on the back wheels. Besides the main colored brake calliper there is a second smaller black one on each side of the rear axle. I was told that this is for the hand-brake. I have never seen that before (may have missed it because the black color makes it hard to see).
  2. boot lid: I was told that on the boot lid (on that area of the duck-tail spoiler) water will gather (up to appr. 2.5 liter) when the car gets wet. When you lift up the boot-lid the water will rinse through an opening right underneath the rear window directly into the engine bay. That mean that the engine bay is somewhat open. The person at Komotec told me also that one has to open the boot lid slowly when there is water, otherwise the water can rinse into the boot.
  3. I attached some pictures comparing the tint of the side and rear windows. One car had the factory tint, the other didn't.
  4. The seats: The seat looks nice and feels high quality (I sat in the Alcantara seat only). BUT there is a huge problem with the headrest. I am 6 feet 2 and the headrest touched the bottom part of my head only, mostly the neck area. This just doesn't feel uncomfortable but is also a security risk in case of a crash. I have no idea how this can be road-legal in Germany. For people greater than 6 feet 3, the head will stick over the headrest. This could be a reason for me to not keep the car or look for aftermarket seats.
  5. The German cars come with the mesh grille / exposed gear stick (as opposed to the closed cover that was seen on some other cars).
  6. There were 2 small pieces of PPF right behind the front wheel and right before the real wheel (see picture).
  7. The front license plate mount comes preinstalled from the factory - at least for german cars.
I was told that my Emira (Hethel Yellow, Manual, Touring, Black pack, DC wheels) should arrive in a few weeks. I'll of course share my impressions here once I have the car.
View attachment 9626View attachment 9627View attachment 9620View attachment 9621View attachment 9622View attachment 9628View attachment 9631View attachment 9624
Thanks for the info

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Interesting info and terrible oversight if as you seem to indicate the headrest cant be raised as in most cars?
On my ariel nomad we also had to spec the extra calipers for the handbreak, it was an option believe it or not, since the handbreak was not necessary for registration, they said well you can drive it for 3 years like that before the first MOT.
Out of interest, they also had a delete CAT option, same reasoning, just put it back on for MOT and remove it again afterwards ;). I believe it gains you about 5-10HP not having it fitted, but dont quote me.... was more HP than noise in their case.

schorsch

Reaction score
Interesting info and terrible oversight if as you seem to indicate the headrest cant be raised as in most cars?
On my ariel nomad we also had to spec the extra calipers for the handbreak, it was an option believe it or not, since the handbreak was not necessary for registration, they said well you can drive it for 3 years like that before the first MOT.
Out of interest, they also had a delete CAT option, same reasoning, just put it back on for MOT and remove it again afterwards ;). I believe it gains you about 5-10HP not having it fitted, but dont quote me.... was more HP than noise in their case.
Yes, the headrest is fixed. No way to adjust the height.

schorsch

Reaction score
I’m sure the seats meet all jurisdictional requirements. If you choose to not buy the car because you believe the headrest is too low then it’s your loss.
I am also sure it meets all regulations, but I am surprised about that headrest geometry to have passed regulations. I have already bought the Emira and still plan to keep it, but I wanna be safe when driving around, especially since this will be my daily driver. Maybe it is less severe in practice. I will find out shortly.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am also sure it meets all regulations, but I am surprised about that headrest geometry to have passed regulations. I have already bought the Emira and still plan to keep it, but I wanna be safe when driving around, especially since this will be my daily driver. Maybe it is less severe in practice. I will find out shortly.
Taycan is fixed height but the pad moves forwards about 50mm 🤷‍♂️

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there,

View attachment 9626View attachment 9627View attachment 9620View attachment 9621View attachment 9622View attachment 9628View attachment 9631View attachment 9624
2.5 litre of water collecting sounds ridiculous, there must be a way to drain the area (not into the boot) where does water in excess of 2.5l drain to?

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
2.5 litre of water collecting sounds ridiculous, there must be a way to drain the area (not into the boot)
a straw..... yes sounds like the all conquering lotus engineers surely should have worked a little on this, but I'd be more worried about the head rest if I were over 6ft. There are clear indications of there the head rest should be.. its even a question on the driving test here..... and the emira fails to be able to do it, so it would appear

schorsch

Reaction score
2.5 litre of water collecting sounds ridiculous, there must be a way to drain the area (not into the boot) where does water in excess of 2.5l drain to?
The water is supposed to drain into the engine compartment - if you open the lid slow enough. If you raise the boot lid too quickly, the water can spill into the boot. I habent tested that, but this is what I was told.