Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Pictures from Frederic Koninckx Antwerp:

Frederic Koninckx Antwerp 01.jpg
Frederic Koninckx Antwerp 02.jpg
Frederic Koninckx Antwerp 03.jpg
Frederic Koninckx Antwerp 04.jpg

It does actually look green in the last picture, at least on the front bumper ;)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
DV / Yellow Calliper (especially now that it matches the logo) looks really nice. Best pics of DV so far in the sun. Really like it. Also confirms no black pack for me on DV, and no privacy glass... now I want drive one...

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agree. Less sure about the frilly knickers steering wheel option though!
ya steering wheel is a toss up for me as well.... I think I am going safe with leather wheel... but the alcantara looks better.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
DV for the believers 😎

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some news to report:

After a prodding follow-up email to the Driving Academy, I was able to get them to send me a photo of a DV Emira in what appears to be full, late-afternoon sun. (I'm guessing 2-3 hours before sunset based on the shadow of the vehicle.) I want to share it for everyone to see, because it is definitely a fresh, unreleased, and candid photo of Dark Verdant... But in the email response I received, the representative asked that I not share it anywhere. 😩

I've sent a response a) thanking for the image and b) inquiring as to why I've been asked to not share it, and asking them to reconsider. I told them there are many deposit holders who would find it very impactful. Once I hear back, I'll update you all with that response as well. How silly it seems to send a photo that so many might find useful, only to ask me to keep it secret!

I can't, of course, explain color through text... But I'll try. The image is a full side-profile shot with a slight rear 3/4 bias. The sun was hitting the car from nose to tail. (I hope that paints some of a mental image of the vantage from which the photo was taken.)

At a first glance of the photo, you couldn't be blamed for thinking the car is black.

After your cursory visual-uptake occurs, your eye is immediately drawn to the highlights of a very deep, but also very clearly identifiable, metallic green.

As you study those deep metallic green highlights, and allow your gaze to begin drifting away from the highlights, those areas transition to almost a blue-ish green before completing the transition into (what is basically) a normal black appearance.

Take this all with a grain of salt, as I only saw a photo and not a car in person. But, the photo in question is probably the most accurate out there, as it is true natural sunlight in an unobstructed view from probably 10/15 feet away. I will say, the car looks MUCH better displayed on my Samsung Note 20 as opposed to my Chromebook -- so that brings up an important caveat with all DV photos, which is be sure you're viewing them on a screen that is worth a darn.

I would also like to note that It does not appear the photo I received was same Emira from the known series of photos from the Driving Academy that features a DV Emira with a couple others in the background (pictured below). I say this because the Emira in the photo I was sent has the aluminum die cut wheels on it and not the black wheels.

View attachment 8442
(This is NOT the photo I received, see paragraph above.)

I hope that Lotus will give me their blessing to share the image here at some point. If not, I would see no reason that if you emailed them and requested it, perhaps they'd share it with you. ([email protected])

The color is definitely more attractive in the photo I received than it is illustrated in the thumbnail above -- but I will have to withhold final judgement until I see this damn color in person.

I hope this is of some help, and not purely rage-inducing. haha
How similar is the photos from Belgium of DV compared to your unicorn pic from Lotus?? Are we on the same page for colour dynamic in the sun?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's amazing how much more green is visible in the paint when it's not under overcast U.K. skies. It's going to be fine where I live. The tan interior should do a nice job of breaking up the heaviness of the overall darkness of the shape. Glad I didn't order the privacy glass; it would be too much on this color.

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How similar is the photos from Belgium of DV compared to your unicorn pic from Lotus?? Are we on the same page for colour dynamic in the sun?
I would say this image (referenced below) is a close match to the photo I received. Mine was, again, a side profile so you definitely saw more green highlights amongst the body lines. With any luck, this dealer can take some more pictures like a side profile shot.

Frederic Koninckx Antwerp 04.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Frederic Koninckx Antwerp 04-1.jpg

It doesn't look like this has been washed yet. You can see dust on it, especially the bottom of the front areas, yet it's still quite shiny and reflective. It's going to be a chore to keep clean, but when it's clean and polished it's going to be amazing.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
View attachment 8465

It doesn't look like this has been washed yet. You can see dust on it, especially the bottom of the front areas, yet it's still quite shiny and reflective. It's going to be a chore to keep clean, but when it's clean and polished it's going to be amazing.
I'm not a big spender on detailing. But 100% ceramic coating on this colour from the off.
It will look amazing for sure

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 8465

I was wavering on the colour choice a lot, but this pic sealed it for me. Agree on no privacy glass as well. However since I am getting a base / missed FE, I am afraid that I will be back to wavering depending on the new colours.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's amazing how much more green is visible in the paint when it's not under overcast U.K. skies. It's going to be fine where I live. The tan interior should do a nice job of breaking up the heaviness of the overall darkness of the shape. Glad I didn't order the privacy glass; it would be too much on this color.
Agreed. In bright sunlight the color is fabulous but under darker conditions, to me at least, it looks a bit washed out. I guess I need to see it in person.

DV was my first choice but considering I missed the cut on the FE maybe that’s a good thing. The operative word there being “maybe”.