• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Daily Driver?

Will your Emira be a Daily driver

• Yes

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Partially

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am curious as to how many folks will be using their Emira as a daily driver. Mine will be used by either me or my wife as a daily driver but we do have a Tesla (my company car) that we share as well that will be used for shopping and taking the bikes out etc.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am curious as to how many folks will be using their Emira as a daily driver. Mine will be used by either me or my wife as a daily driver but we do have a Tesla (my company car) that we share as well that will be used for shopping and taking the bikes out etc.
I will be.
I currently use my Evora as my daily drive, but I need to give it a rest and some TLC.

Lotuskiter5

Reaction score
Will be everyday car.
I had elise s1 sport 160 ad daily car and then s2 111r as daily car.....
Just great...

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not really, this will be the final car in the 3 car garage. My wife dailies an RS3 and I have the family wagon (330d Xdrive estate) for family and dog duties. The Emira will get used regularly though as I like to go out for a drive a couple of times a week when weather permits and in the RS3 that is quite often. Road trips and spirited driving outings will be shared between the RS3 and the Emira as will weekends away when we have babysitters.

Last edited:

JPS_67

Reaction score
will be my not everyday car, as I like to work at home or use the bicycle it will not be used all the time :)

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Defo daily drive 🙌 grafted hard to
Enjoy this coming from a 2019 C63s daily which I sold 4 weeks ago and I’m missing the fun on the way to work all ready ! Roll on next year 👌🏽

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll continue to use my MK7 GTI as a daily, but I rarely even drive that these day. Usually take the wife's GLI when we run errands. I plan to drive the Emira as much as possible.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not sure yet. But it will get regular use regardless. Shares time with a few other cars that are fun for me. Plus, I’m hesitant about other people that aren’t careful in parking garage where I work. I’m pretty fastidious about my cars.

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Not planning to use the Emira as a daily driver. As I am likely going for the V6 manual - not ideal for busy London driving and the fuel consumption will not be great. Save it for those special drives out.

Will likely retain my Alpine A110. Smaller car which is easier to manoeuvre and park, smooth DCT for stop-start driving and great fuel consumption for a daily driver. The froot/ frunk is actually very convenient for daily use. And its a great drive too ;-) Little spoilt for choice there but that will likely win as the daily driver.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Will be the third car so naturally not used as often as others (E450 coupe for long drives and a Tacoma for the muck and fun activities). Clearly won't use in any bad weather but I don't plan on over-babying it either. Lots of little grocery runs, ice cream.. hell, I'm sure I'll come up with excuses for errands just to drive it.