• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Cruise Control on Emira

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Now I live in Victoria Australia and the police will send an infriment notice and hefty fine for being 3km/h over the speed limit. My Exige V6 has cruise and it is very handy to increase in 1 km/h units. If I read the Emira hanbook it states that the Vehicle speed can be set in 1 mph (2 km/h) increments.

"With cruise control active: Press and hold down +the button or press repeatedly,
the vehicle road speed will increase continuously or in 1 mph (2 km/h) increments.
With cruise control active:press and hold down the -button or press repeatedly, vehicle road speed will decrease continuously or in 0.6 mph (1km/h) increments."

Does this seem odd or is that the new norm in the UK?
I have never driven a car that is not 1km/h both up and down.

I was playing with the cruise control yesterday and was only able to set it in 5 mph increments. Is there a way to set it to say 73 mph instead of 70 or 75?

Problem with the hold down method is that it auto repeats (least it does in my car) so is pretty well but useless because the delay before autorepeat is tiny. The intuitive (and usable) approach would have been single tap for 1mph increment, hold down for 5. It's a dangerous distraction trying to increment cruise by 1mph.

Reactions: _w_
Problem with the hold down method is that it auto repeats (least it does in my car) so is pretty well but useless because the delay before autorepeat is tiny. The intuitive (and usable) approach would have been single tap for 1mph increment, hold down for 5. It's a dangerous distraction trying to increment cruise by 1mph.
I also wish the short push was one mph and long was 5. The only time I ever use cruise is on the interstate which is pretty boring driving so I don't find it too distracting. I normally just let it go with the 5. The ticket is going to be big either way.

Haven’t found a way to change it, the user manual implies a single press is 1mph change anyway 😭

It does 1 km/h increments just fine if it's set to km/h. Small adjustments are also easily done. It's a bit tricky the first 3-4 times until you figure out the timing

I think it must be an approach common to Geely, my Volvo XC60 also operates on the single press for ±5 mph, hold for 1 mph increments, however the delay between the 1 mph increments is a bit longer on the Volvo which makes it just that bit easier to use. I'd definitely prefer if it was the other way round though!