Crash tested?

Skymira

Reaction score
Since the Emira is making the dealership rounds now, and they are telling people it's basically production spec, does that mean they've completed crash testing, and if so, any idea how they performed?

I asked Lotus this question at Bell & Colvill this week and he said it hasn't been officially crash tested yet.

Since the Emira is making the dealership rounds now, and they are telling people it's basically production spec, does that mean they've completed crash testing, and if so, any idea how they performed?
The car doing the showroom tour doesn’t have an engine in I believe, so it’s only representative of a production model.

The crash test cars are probably being built as of now.

The dealer tour car is a pre production car. It’s close to production but there are some key differences, which have been publicised.

They’re currently building 86 cars for certification, crash testing, climate proving and to test build processes. It’s possible there may be some minor tweaks as a result.

The dealer tour car is a pre production car. It’s close to production but there are some key differences, which have been publicised.

They’re currently building 86 cars for certification, crash testing, climate proving and to test build processes. It’s possible there may be some minor tweaks as a result.
That's was sort of my concern, as hopefully any changes necessary as a result of crashworthiness testing won't significantly change the appearance.

Very unlikely these days. So much is validated in CAD and computer simulations. They have to do the physical testing to get type approval.

Sitting here drinking beer. Just want to know something. Like I can afford more beer or I need to stop drinking