Cold start stalling

nimbus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Have you tried disconnecting your car battery for an hour or two? Apparently the software won’t update unless this is done, and there’s no guarantee all dealers are doing this.

Could be a very easy fix if you haven’t tried that 🤷🏽‍♂️
I'll give it a shot tonight, can't hurt

Sentinel

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine was doing this on pretty much every cold start. Second attempt it was always fine. Battery voltage was down to 12.2V. Connected it to a charger overnight and it hasn't done it again since.

Vpower10

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car has been back since last Saturday, I had to wait a very long time (3 months!?) for parts that had to be replaced regarding the gearbox. Anyway... the cold start problem is still there. They did explain to me that between now and January 20th there will be another update that should address the cold start problem once and for all. But I don't know how sure we should be about this anymore, because we've heard this a few times, right? As soon as the software is available I have to return with the car so that they can perform this update. I'll let you know what the result is.

View attachment 35830
The cold start problem has completely disappeared for me now, I now have 14,000 km on the odometer. I had an update in the meantime, but I can't say if it had anything to do with that. To me it seems like something that resolved itself rather than an update. My last update was last week. In any case, I am glad that this cold start problem is no longer there, I hope it does not return.

Icoon voor Geverifieerd door de community

nimbus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'll give it a shot tonight, can't hurt
didn't work for me, even after I unplugged the battery for a while. Still either starts rough or stalls the first time I start it.

What a strange issue to be facing...

Last edited:

danmessy

Reaction score
didn't work for me, even after I unplugged the battery for a while. Still either starts rough or stalls the first time I start it.

What a strange issue to be facing...
When was your last dealer visit and software update?
Coupe of people above saying updates helped recently. Not for me though (unless there is another that's come out?)

nimbus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When was your last dealer visit and software update?
Coupe of people above saying updates helped recently. Not for me though (unless there is another that's come out?)
Last dealer visit / update was in Feb 2024...

I don't think it's software related at this point because it would have gone away for everyone once they got the relevant update. Someone on this forum mentioned that there was a recall on certain Toyota fuel pumps, maybe some of us have ones which don't always prime when starting?

Last edited:

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For the first year of ownership or so I didnt have this problem but it did it every time for the past 2/4 months, just picked up my car after it got all the system updates + service, for now it seems it has been resolved. I’ll update if it isn’t.