• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Cleaning exhaust tips?

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know what the silver exhaust tips are made from, and if they’re clear coated?

I‘ve got a fair amount of carbon build-up on them already, but I’m not sure the best way to clean them. Aluminium cleaner? Paint polish?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think they're a satin titanium. I wouldn't clean them with metal polish unless you want to shine them up.

In my case the black soot build up inside the edges just comes off with car wash and a cloth.

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I always clean exhaust tips with P&S Brakebuster. As a first step when I hand wash, I first take care of wheels, brakes, tires, then exhaust tips. I use Brakebuster for all of it (then pressure rinse everything and do the regular wash of the car with Adam's Car Shampoo or something similar).. Keeps the soot/carbon off, works like a charm.

Last edited: