Changing Spec + Update from Lotus UK

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, I have been toying with the idea of amending my Spec from Touring to Sport, although I wont be using my Emira on track I want it to feel like a proper sports car so wanted to see who else is doing or thinking of doing this?

Secondly, just FYI I contacted Lotus to ask if there would be the option to amend the spec I submitted upon 2nd deposit in October, to which they responded with yes but it may impact and delay the delivery time. However, Lotus said that any amendments would be referred to the factory first to check if this would be the case and fi so the customer would have the choice whether to accept a delay for an amendment of spec, which is helpful to be aware of.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If only they had said this would be the case BEFORE locking in the spec in January...
I dont want the delay, so just going to go with my original spec and hopenits right

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is really poor comms by Lotus. The Customer Care team during 2nd deposit calls and Lotus staff at roadshows said to many people it would be possible to make changes to spec, up until Jan/finalise spec/3rd deposit. The only change that (obviously) would cause a delay was switching to Base V6 or either i4.

I know some Australian customers were told certain parts of the spec were long-lead so couldn't be changed. But they're much smaller volumes and a different process. I knew about the Australia situation during UK roadshows and specifically asked Lotus if it affected UK orders and was told no. Poor show by Lotus.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was told the same thing on paying second deposit so I didn't spend too much time pontificating over specific final spec as thought I could do some small changes in January. They also indicated that there should be some cars painted in all the colours either in flesh or proper pictures before we lock in spec. I hope that is the case.......

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is really poor comms by Lotus. The Customer Care team during 2nd deposit calls and Lotus staff at roadshows said to many people it would be possible to make changes to spec, up until Jan/finalise spec/3rd deposit. The only change that (obviously) would cause a delay was switching to Base V6 or either i4.

I know some Australian customers were told certain parts of the spec were long-lead so couldn't be changed. But they're much smaller volumes and a different process. I knew about the Australia situation during UK roadshows and specifically asked Lotus if it affected UK orders and was told no. Poor show by Lotus.
If this wasn't Lotus I would have cancelled my order by now. I genuinely want them to succeed however.
I was going to apply for the recently advertised Head of Customer Experience role there last week (put my money where my mouth is!), but they pulled it after a few days. Assuming it has been filled internally. Either way I hope they do an internal audit of existing practices and put in a brand strategy road map ASAP to improve the customer journey. This core order process stuff is beyond annoying, yet alone the continued drip feed of contradictory car info. Sorry Lotus, but please sort it out! I'm gunning for you to succeed!

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If this wasn't Lotus I would have cancelled my order by now. I genuinely want them to succeed however.
I was going to apply for the recently advertised Head of Customer Experience role there last week (put my money where my mouth is!), but they pulled it after a few days. Assuming it has been filled internally. Either way I hope they do an internal audit of existing practices and put in a brand strategy road map ASAP to improve the customer journey. This core order process stuff is beyond annoying, yet alone the continued drip feed of contradictory car info. Sorry Lotus, but please sort it out! I'm gunning for you to succeed!
"Head of Customer Experience role" reminds me of the Carslberg Customer Complaints department in the advert, i.e full of cobwebs and no one there- its good that they have acknowledged they need the role - admittedly 6 months longer than they should have had.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
"Head of Customer Experience role" reminds me of the Carslberg Customer Complaints department in the advert, i.e full of cobwebs and no one there- its good that they have acknowledged they need the role - admittedly 6 months longer than they should have had.
😅
Obviously that's why I wanted to leave my current cobweb strewn office looking for a new challenge

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw that role too and thought about applying! Wasn't it based in Europe though?

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This caught me out to. When I had the 3rd call I said when do I have to lock down the spec? Was told that any changes might result in a delay which wasn't what I'd been told before.

------------

I will pass this to factory for the amendments to be finalised, please be aware there can be production delays with changes taken into consideration.

If there is anything further I can do to help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Kind regards,

Alex