Changes to "locked in" spec

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If you haven't paid second deposit and been given a delivery month then you're fine to change. I think it's worth notifying changes as soon as you've decided though, rather than wait until asked for second deposit - some people only had a few days to pay/confirm spec.

Waiting for a test drive of Touring and Sports would be sensible and you should have time to do that.
And I'd get the changes confirmed in writing if you are able

Last edited:

ARA

Reaction score
what year are you expecting your car to be delivered if you have not even paid the second fee? Am I missing something
I put my deposit of 4k down in Feb, so am expecting my car next year

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They need to sort this and the comms to July/Aug/Sept people in the coming week. Otherwise I can see the Lotus stand at Goodwood being crowded with frustrated Emira deposit holders looking for clearer info and explanations from the senior Lotus folks. "Coming soon" and "we're waiting on info from the factory" aren't going to cut it.
and I'll be one of them!!...... :)

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I submitted my final build in May for a December delivery. I called today to see if it was possible to change my tire selection. The dealer said I would lose my first edition slot and would get pushed to base edition in 2024:unsure: I guess I’m not changing tires:ROFLMAO:

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I submitted my final build in May for a December delivery. I called today to see if it was possible to change my tire selection. The dealer said I would lose my first edition slot and would get pushed to base edition in 2024:unsure: I guess I’m not changing tires:ROFLMAO:
Do they have zero spare parts? I can understand with a transmission change but you think they’d have a system to swap over parts like tyres. Don’t crash your car or you’ll never find the parts to fix it 🤪

883F2D5A-84A0-4134-BCE6-529EE0D82FD0.png

firstlotus

Reaction score
I'm a little ticked with either Gavin or Harry - Gavin said (to the best of my memory) in an interview talking about the suspensions, that there was hardly any difference. When Harry (Harry's Garage) reviewed the car on the same stretch of road - 2 cars, 1 with Touring - 1 with Sports - the Sports was noticeably harsher on regular roads that owners, would be driving - Did Gavin never take the car off the Hethel Track or what is the DEAL here...? Is Harry's butt as sensitive as the Princess and the Pea story...LoL. Still think they made a mistake not having adjustable dampers for 1 car instead of 2 different (driving) cars... I think that will come back to haunt them...

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm a little ticked with either Gavin or Harry - Gavin said (to the best of my memory) in an interview talking about the suspensions, that there was hardly any difference. When Harry (Harry's Garage) reviewed the car on the same stretch of road - 2 cars, 1 with Touring - 1 with Sports - the Sports was noticeably harsher on regular roads that owners, would be driving - Did Gavin never take the car off the Hethel Track or what is the DEAL here...? Is Harry's butt as sensitive as the Princess and the Pea story...LoL. Still think they made a mistake not having adjustable dampers for 1 car instead of 2 different (driving) cars... I think that will come back to haunt them...
They mentioned on the podcast about this terrible road near Hethel they had tried the cars on as well.
Mind you Gavan has always said touring for everyday driving and the NVH was worse with Sports suspension.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Perception is everything with ride quality. One man's 'firm and responsive' is another's 'hard and uncomfortable'. This is from the Evo review:
"Our Sport chassis car - wearing the standard Goodyear F1 Eagle tyre rather than the Michelin Cup 2 tyres customers can specify - has a beautiful flow to its ride, rich in Lotus DNA in how it dissects the surface to feedback everything you need to know and nothing you don’t. There’s a sense of it floating across the surface but with none of the aloofness this would traditionally be accompanied by."

Admittedly the EVO car was on Goodyears and Harry's Sport suspension car was on Cup2s which may make quite a difference, but you wouldn't think they were talking about the same suspension set up would you?

I'm now fully expecting the Sport suspension to be just fine on the road for my tastes, as it is in the Evora 410 Sport.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Harry is an almost unique case as he buys these cars and then takes them on a HUGE mileage trip to the continent. He will do the same with the Emira and, for that reason, he would get the touring.

If his use was weekend fun, he would have surely stuck with the Sports.

I will be putting 1k miles on my Emira, with Sports, in my first week and will Vlog it.
I have a lifetime back back. neck and shoulders. made worse by motorcycle accidents so will honestly report back on the long-term comfort.

OP
P

PhilCP

Reaction score
This is going a bit off topic - but I do trust Harry's judgement.
He's certainly well versed with stiffer riding cars having driven most sportscars including GT3, GT4 etc. He owns the project 7 & 8 which i don't imagine are the softest riding vehicles.
He's also the only journalist to have driven both Sports and Touring back to back on the same stretch of road. The same stretch of road he takes every car he tests down.

I'm still awaiting to hear from Lotus what delay my requested changes will make. Might have to give them a poke as it's been over a week now.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Perception is everything with ride quality. One man's 'firm and responsive' is another's 'hard and uncomfortable'. This is from the Evo review:
"Our Sport chassis car - wearing the standard Goodyear F1 Eagle tyre rather than the Michelin Cup 2 tyres customers can specify - has a beautiful flow to its ride, rich in Lotus DNA in how it dissects the surface to feedback everything you need to know and nothing you don’t. There’s a sense of it floating across the surface but with none of the aloofness this would traditionally be accompanied by."

Admittedly the EVO car was on Goodyears and Harry's Sport suspension car was on Cup2s which may make quite a difference, but you wouldn't think they were talking about the same suspension set up would you?

I'm now fully expecting the Sport suspension to be just fine on the road for my tastes, as it is in the Evora 410 Sport.
Exactly the same I expect. Great minds think alike!! 🤣

OP
P

PhilCP

Reaction score
I've had a reply from Lotus with regards my query about changing a couple of things, one being the suspension.
There reply:

"I have been advise from factory your requested changes would mean a delivery from 2023 with a specific month to be confirmed at a later date but likely to be early in the year."

So originally I was a June delivery (dep 7th July) pushed back to August. If I proceed with the changes it'll "sometime" next year :mad:

I'll continue the suspension discussion on the other thread.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've had a reply from Lotus with regards my query about changing a couple of things, one being the suspension.
There reply:

"I have been advise from factory your requested changes would mean a delivery from 2023 with a specific month to be confirmed at a later date but likely to be early in the year."

So originally I was a June delivery (dep 7th July) pushed back to August. If I proceed with the changes it'll "sometime" next year :mad:

Just ask for explanation why your incurring a delay when other customers have changed suspension type with no delay incurred

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Harry commented on the relative harshness of sports but he also had a bit of a crisis every time he turned-in so this is why I’m still torn.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Right lovely people who wants a to swap a Magma for a Nimbus - I’m sure seen as Lotus are so accommodating and we are such valued customers that they will just swap our names round on the order forms and jobs a goodun and everyone happy days 👍😬

Flipper

Reaction score
There reply:

I had exact same response and am in a similar place in queue. It's unfair for us early depositors that were locked in before any reviews were available. We showed faith in Lotus. I can't speak for others but I feel let down. I think Lotus have enough interest and orders now so they don't need the people that locked in early. They can give my build slot to someone else. I am also locked in with Dark Verdant and I'm really disappointed there were no professional real world images of the cars. I'm scratching around for photos on the web when there are clearly cars that could have been photographed. I'm losing confidence in what this car will be when it arrives. I've had no communication since my car was pushed back to July and I am expecting it to be delayed again. As a customer experience I find it quite negative.

bbpxbbpx

Reaction score
I should have my spec "confirmed" end of May initially for Oct build Nov delivery.

I still have the "Save Configuration" option using the personal configuration link. Would changing anything there immediately move my build to next year? I guess it is highly likely going to be next year anyways with the original Oct build. DV, manual with silver wheels.