Carbon fibre engine cover

DJManc

Reaction score
Imagine a full engine cover of gloss carbon fibre for the i4 though. It might look good but it's gonna reflect in the rear glass something chronic. It would be ok if it was just the surround I guess like the V6 with a little more imagination of creative design for the centre of the cover in some sort of matte finish. Maybe a nice Affalterbach (AMG) logo :)

Travis88

Reaction score
Imagine a full engine cover of gloss carbon fibre for the i4 though. It might look good but it's gonna reflect in the rear glass something chronic. It would be ok if it was just the surround I guess like the V6 with a little more imagination of creative design for the centre of the cover in some sort of matte finish. Maybe a nice Affalterbach (AMG) logo :)
Jogon automotive already made a full carbon fiber engine cover for the i4, I've asked some pics from one of their sales Lynne, as many of us are waiting to see how they will make it for the v6.. looked pretty sick compared to the original cover on the i4

Attachments

• f13f223f-b359-49e6-9c08-5b2813ec5700.jpg
    f13f223f-b359-49e6-9c08-5b2813ec5700.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 0e8ced35-bc3f-4577-a575-b4902f1860da.jpg
    0e8ced35-bc3f-4577-a575-b4902f1860da.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 124
  • a69f0dd2-ecf8-442d-8973-4b11e4ce9ace.jpg
    a69f0dd2-ecf8-442d-8973-4b11e4ce9ace.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 127

DMc

Reaction score
View attachment 20027Had my test drive ahead of getting my car in Jan, I love the design of everything on the car but think the view through the back window lets it down. I’m thinking of making a carbon fibre cover, remove the thin plastic one the sits round the edge and replace it with a full carbon fibre one just leaving the Lotus text exposed. I have the facility to design and manufacture this how I want so wanted any feedback whether this would be of interest and ideal design ideas of other owners..….. or any other carbon bits people would want
I wish for a carbon fiber slatted tailgate thinggy in place of the Emira FE rear window glass, which is heavy, even larger than the superceded series 3 Exige Cup 390 final ed.n windows, still doesn't possess a window wiper, throws weird reflections onto the rear cabin glass in low light that makes rear visibility problematic, and traps low frequency light as latent thermal load in the engine bay, i.e: Light can get in, but when it does it rubs off on stuff and then re-emits again at a lower wavelength which is reflected back again, and absorbed again, and re-emitted and reflected back and so on ad infinitum sic causa sine ad nauseatum. Same as a car interior in full sun on a hot day, with no a/c, it gets frikn hot amiright?

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
no_change.jpeg
no_change.jpeg

Please check the link for the detail:

Emira i4 Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

Introducing the Aerie Performance Emira i4 Carbon Fiber Engine Cover, a revolutionary 1:1 replacement for your Emira i4 engine. Crafted with precision using TORAY Japan's premium ultra-lightweight pre-preg Twill weave carbon fiber, this engine cover sets new standards for performance and aesthetics.

Designed for intense use, the Aerie Performance Engine Cover utilizes a combination of carbon fiber and Kevlar carbon fiber optic on the backside, resulting in a reinforced structure that is exceptionally lightweight. The autoclaved composite construction ensures superior physical strength, making it highly resistant to heat even in the demanding conditions of the engine bay. In fact, it surpasses the capabilities of Lotus OEM carbon components in terms of weight reduction and heat resistance.

Installation is a breeze with the Aerie Performance Emira i4 Carbon Fiber Engine Cover. The product is designed as a direct replacement, requiring no additional adjustments. Simply plug and play, and enjoy the enhanced performance and striking presence this engine cover brings to your vehicle.

Elevate your Emira i4 with the Aerie Performance Carbon Fiber Engine Cover - the perfect blend of lightweight design, exceptional heat resistance, and effortless installation. Experience the pinnacle of automotive craftsmanship and take your driving experience to new heights.

P.S Emira V6 carbon fiber engine cover will be available on early of December , we will keep you all post , thank you so much ❤️

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 20027Had my test drive ahead of getting my car in Jan, I love the design of everything on the car but think the view through the back window lets it down. I’m thinking of making a carbon fibre cover, remove the thin plastic one the sits round the edge and replace it with a full carbon fibre one just leaving the Lotus text exposed. I have the facility to design and manufacture this how I want so wanted any feedback whether this would be of interest and ideal design ideas of other owners..….. or any other carbon bits people would want
I'm interested, as long as you can add some VENTS in there and like you mentioned of having the leaving the Lotus text exposed