❔ QUESTION Buying used?

SJW

Reaction score
Thinking of getting back into an Emira. Trying to avoid buying a problem car. My conclusions are that
- software problems don't phase me as they can be updated
- bubbling doors and other panels.... Difficult one as doesn't seem to effect many cars but not something you'd want post warranty. Guess it should have showed within a year?
- Electrical faults; this is my main concern with random faults (SOS, parking brake, HVAC etc). From my own experience I think this is due to wiring loom faults and or water ingress. There are quite a few cars having HVAC systems replaced more than once which requires full frontal strip down wings/fenders off job.... Imagine that post warranty!

So to summarise my question is are the electrical issues fixed on newer cars say post September 2023? Does anyone have any inside knowledge or stats to support after which manufacturing date would be safer to buy?

kennyn

Reaction score
As instructed by Lotus, my car had a new battery fitted and the software updates applied. Unfortunately, the issues remained and new issues appeared on my drive home from the dealership.

I have seen 4 recently built cars here in the UK and 3 of the 4 had paint bubbling to varying degrees.

You pay your money and take a chance with an Emira...best of luck!