BSPK CCB Rotor Review and Testing

Seems like things are going well so far. Any more miles on them? The wheels are pretty dirty in the above pic. Are they generating that much brake dust? I thought CCB's were virtually dust free.
 
Seems like things are going well so far. Any more miles on them? The wheels are pretty dirty in the above pic. Are they generating that much brake dust? I thought CCB's were virtually dust free.

Yes, I've been driving on the CCBs for my commutes (a handful of rain days) - I haven't done more track testing with them. All is nominal.

The brake dust you see in the pic is from tracking. It dusts heavily from track work.

It has very little dusting when I'm street driving.
 
Very nice weight savings.
Not sure if the weight savings are worth the price

1777473301200.webp
 
My personal opinion on CCBs is that it's a niche product. Certainly not for everyone, especially if one is happy with the brakes as they are.
 
Longer term update: I haven't been back to the track with the brake setup but I've been racking up miles in the street. All is nominal. Track pads will sometimes Make a hamster wheel squeak at crawl speeds and very light pedal pressure, but otherwise everything is nominal.
 
Great to hear. Thanks. Would be very interested when you re weigh your rotors to determine wear against the new weights.
 
Seriously considering these later this year. Thanks for the updates.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTV
Just ordered these, ordered the Street and Track pads. Didnt plan on changing pads and going to that level with this car but figured maintain longevity and get full value out of these its worth it. John at BSPK amazingly helpful.
 
Let us all know what the disks and pads are like on the road (noise, wear rate, stopping power, grabbiness, dust levels etc.).
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTV
Let us all know what the disks and pads are like on the road (noise, wear rate, stopping power, grabbiness, dust levels etc.).
I thought you were happy with the EBC reds - I was going to follow you and get the same when I need new pads (I love the EBC greens on my Elise).
 
Let us all know what the disks and pads are like on the road (noise, wear rate, stopping power, grabbiness, dust levels etc.).
My road use has been very good. I'm still on the track pads and I get a light hampster wheel squeak at crawl speeds with very light pedal pressure. They are quiet at higher speeds and more pedal pressure.

Stopping power is great and it's very linear, so not grabby. Duct levels are very low. I can't see any discernable wear from road use.

My focus on wear and performance has been on track useage.
 
I thought you were happy with the EBC reds - I was going to follow you and get the same when I need new pads (I love the EBC greens on my Elise).
I am happy with the EBC Reds………but saving weight with carbon disks…….!😂😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTV
Your wallet will certainly be lighter - I guess that counts as unsprung weight. ;)
Considering going for a full aftermarket replacement of steels and padgid pads and Paragon floating rotors as an example I was pushing close to 35% of the CCBs. Considering I should get 4 to potentially 10 times the use and the 11kgs less rotational and unsprung weight I went Im going to try it.
 
Do CCB rotors demonstrate wear? I have CCB on my GT3 and you determine wear based upon weight. That car has seen 18K miles with 4300 track miles and shows no wear, haven't weighed them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top