📓 Journals Borders Seneca Emira

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In the midst of all the gloom about delays and quality, hopefully I can inject a small ray of sunshine into the forum :). Yesterday was a very special day. First of all, credit where it is due. Lotus have taken a lot of flak for poor customer comms over the last year, but I can’t fault them on the home delivery experience. It went like this: text the evening before from the delivery team confirming the car was ready to go and an approximate ETA; text the next morning with a live tracking link so I could follow the car on the long journey up to Scotland from Upper Heyford; a call from CS to confirm my spec (ok, a bit late for that, but hey ho :unsure:) and my preferred service centre; a courtesy call shortly after from Lotus Glasgow introducing themselves should I have any problems; and then a friendly, thorough and professional hand over from Steve the delivery driver.

First impressions? Although I’ve seen the Emira in person a few times now, the looks still blow me away. It really is stunning from every angle. I’m delighted with my spec - just needs black wheel and nose badges to complete the look.

This was the pinch myself moment of arrival.
20230201_070744[1].jpg

20230201_064929[1].jpg

20230131_142801[1].jpg

After reading about assorted early quality issues I gave the car a detailed check over and it all looks as you would hope and expect: no hint of paint orange peel to my untrained eye, no seat belt twists, door seals ok, interior fit and finish top notch. My car also came with the correct black wheel bolts so Lotus have obviously got over that minor supply glitch.

The car is going off for PPF and ceramic in early March, and I am away for much of February so it will be tucked up in my garage till then. Given that the roads round my way are caked in salt at the moment I’m fine with that.

Just one other initial observation: I think the driver’s seat goes lower than the test car I drove, and strangely the passenger seat in my car definitely doesn’t adjust as low. I wonder if Lotus did some late tweaking to the driver’s seat?

Planning a big running in trip up the beautiful west coast of Scotland in the spring – can’t wait :)

Lovely! Same exterior colour combo as I am going for... And totally agree about getting some black badges 👍

Shame you won't be driving it much for a few weeks, but totally understandable and looking forward to some updates when you do.

Enjoy!

Congratulations, looks stunning and the registration number is a nice touch. Alcantara with red stitching for the interior?

A stunning part of the world to be driving an Emira - enjoy!

In the midst of all the gloom about delays and quality, hopefully I can inject a small ray of sunshine into the forum :). Yesterday was a very special day. First of all, credit where it is due. Lotus have taken a lot of flak for poor customer comms over the last year, but I can’t fault them on the home delivery experience. It went like this: text the evening before from the delivery team confirming the car was ready to go and an approximate ETA; text the next morning with a live tracking link so I could follow the car on the long journey up to Scotland from Upper Heyford; a call from CS to confirm my spec (ok, a bit late for that, but hey ho :unsure:) and my preferred service centre; a courtesy call shortly after from Lotus Glasgow introducing themselves should I have any problems; and then a friendly, thorough and professional hand over from Steve the delivery driver.

First impressions? Although I’ve seen the Emira in person a few times now, the looks still blow me away. It really is stunning from every angle. I’m delighted with my spec - just needs black wheel and nose badges to complete the look.

View attachment 21937
View attachment 21938
View attachment 21939
After reading about assorted early quality issues I gave the car a detailed check over and it all looks as you would hope and expect: no hint of paint orange peel to my untrained eye, no seat belt twists, door seals ok, interior fit and finish top notch. My car also came with the correct black wheel bolts so Lotus have obviously got over that minor supply glitch.

The car is going off for PPF and ceramic in early March, and I am away for much of February so it will be tucked up in my garage till then. Given that the roads round my way are caked in salt at the moment I’m fine with that.

Just one other initial observation: I think the driver’s seat goes lower than the test car I drove, and strangely the passenger seat in my car definitely doesn’t adjust as low. I wonder if Lotus did some late tweaking to the driver’s seat?

Planning a big running in trip up the beautiful west coast of Scotland in the spring – can’t wait :)
Excellent choice of spec sir.

This is mine at the dealer. Picking up Saturday.

Silver wheel bolts though. 🤷‍♂️

69F9C654-229E-4F60-90C8-03861379FABB.jpeg

Beautiful car. Very lucky to have in the garage. Look forward to driving review in the spring.

View attachment 21937
View attachment 21938
View attachment 21939

I'll be doing the NC500 in march too in mine,if it doesn't breakdown again that is.

Did a driving & camping trip around Scotland quite a few years ago, absolutely stunning scenery all around and some lovely roads (mostly not too busy too). Spent a couple of days over on Skye, and the coastal sunset views were spectacular.

We were driving something nowhere near as fun as the Emira though... I imagine that'll be some very enjoyable running-in!

Last edited:
Congratulations, looks stunning and the registration number is a nice touch. Alcantara with red stitching for the interior?

A stunning part of the world to be driving an Emira - enjoy!
Yes, alcantara and red stitch. Never had a car with alcantara before but I really like it. Time will tell on durability, but if it is anything like the Evora it will be the side bolsters which show wear first, and of course they are leather.

20230201_125615[1].jpg

Congrats! Can't wait for my Seneca to arrive. Interesting feedback about the seats too. Did you happen to get a passenger storage net?

Yes, alcantara and red stitch. Never had a car with alcantara before but I really like it. Time will tell on durability, but if it is anything like the Evora it will be the side bolsters which show wear first, and of course they are leather.

View attachment 21953
That’s my interior too.
If we ever go to the same wedding, will we be wearing identical dresses?

Congrats! Can't wait for my Seneca to arrive. Interesting feedback about the seats too. Did you happen to get a passenger storage net?
No, no storage net.

I was having a poke around the car this morning, looking at the gorgeous cast aluminium double wishbone suspension (you won't find that on a Cayman), and I found this sitting on top of one of front lower wishbones. Weird! At first I thought it was someone's hat, then I remembered from the factory tour it is one of those tea cosy things they put over the brake calipers to protect them during production. One thing I've learned over the years is that you can rely on Lotus ownership to throw up a few curved balls :)

20230202_114625[1].jpg

View attachment 21937
View attachment 21938
View attachment 21939

Congratulations and the car looks stunning! Enjoy. I had an update on my order yesterday - still showing production in Q2 2024. Hopefully the wait will be worth it! Having some fun in my recently purchased M4 Comp in the meantime!!

I was having a poke around the car this morning, looking at the gorgeous cast aluminium double wishbone suspension (you won't find that on a Cayman), and I found this sitting on top of one of front lower wishbones. Weird! At first I thought it was someone's hat, then I remembered from the factory tour it is one of those tea cosy things they put over the brake calipers to protect them during production. One thing I've learned over the years is that you can rely on Lotus ownership to throw up a few curved balls :)

View attachment 21997
Hmm. A bit amusing . . . but what does this say about Hethel's production process control? Checklists and QA are supposed to make that kind of mistake impossible.

View attachment 21997
I get the feeling there is a hidden message in that photo🤣

View attachment 21997

That's not great!... although I imagine it would have 'blown' off pretty quick when driving (just hopefully it wouldn't have got caught on anything important and caused an issue)... Think of it as a memento perhaps?

Reminds me when the Mk3 Focus RS came out a few years back - There were several cars delivered to customers with the suspension transportation blocks still in situ - Should have been removed during PDI, but several documented cases where they were left in (some didn't realise for several hundred miles!).

Reminds me when the Mk3 Focus RS came out a few years back - There were several cars delivered to customers with the suspension transportation blocks still in situ - Should have been removed during PDI, but several documented cases where they were left in (some didn't realise for several hundred miles!).

Exactly! I always thought this was an urban legend among car forums, until I saw photo evidence on a few different VWs over the years. Sometimes the owners don't even notice until thousands of miles later! I'd rather have this caliper sock than shipping blocks left in.