• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Body Color and Appearance: Is maximum brightness really the best?

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I've had two cars since 1980, just after I bought a used 68 Corvette convertible for $5000. I quickly realized that I needed a second car to drive during snow-covered days, and to take me and friends to inner-city nightclubs. Nowadays, I try not to drive my MX5 on rainy days, partially because it has a true CAI with filter behind the front grill.
But I plan to, if necessary, stop at a Home Depot, credit union, etc. while driving the Emira because as you say, it'll be much more entertaining to drive. Thankfully, any second car I have will not be a SB/crasher like my first one, a 1968 Mercury Cougar that cost me $300 in 1980.
Now I’m talking lots of awesome minimalist schit so in fairness I’ll admit my wife has a SUV:)
BUT, if I were single, I’d have one car (Emira 718 c8) cause:
PZWo6LM.jpg

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
oh lol. Yeah, but 99.999% of the time, the main issue when parking, is coming back to find Karen in her 1993 206 opening her door straight into the side of our car. I park in the furthest possible bay away from everyone, and when I come back, there she is. lol
Omg totally had this happen! But the vehicle was an older soccer mom SUV! She was just sitting there in her car, door wide open against my car. Kids running around. I was livid as I had parked a ways out 🙄

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Omg totally had this happen! But the vehicle was an older soccer mom SUV! She was just sitting there in her car, door wide open against my car. Kids running around. I was livid as I had parked a ways out 🙄
This is how I park. If some tool parks next to me out here, we’re obviously gonna throw hands
….notice the cart in the background on its side, that’s what I do on the walk in
rJv1Itf.jpg

Lowtush

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As the guys at Everyday Driver like to say, sports cars should be in Skittles colors.

View attachment 23825

I mean think about it... If Lotus had used this as their available color palette (and replace the pinks with a grey, white, and black) people would have been delighted.
View attachment 23827

I'd gladly rock any one of those colors on an Emira.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
All these cars have just passed you - a bit like the Generation Game

Grey
Grey
Grey
Grey
Green
Green
Grey
Grey
Green
Yellow
Green
Grey
Grey

Which one sticks in your mind...? 😁

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All these cars have just passed you - a bit like the Generation Game

Grey
Grey
Grey
Grey
Green
Green
Grey
Grey
Green
Yellow
Green
Grey
Grey

Which one sticks in your mind...?
The RED one, which has been all the time behind me!

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The RED one, which has been all the time behind me!
Ha Ha - I couldn't do the Red as it would ruin the effect!

I'm in endless trouble with the colour.

I was blue all the way - till I saw yellow in the showroom.

But the red - looks good sometimes, not so others - huge dilemma...

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ha Ha - I couldn't do the Red as it would ruin the effect!

I'm in endless trouble with the colour.

I was blue all the way - till I saw yellow in the showroom.

But the red - looks good sometimes, not so others - huge dilemma...
I agree, that´s why I went Nimbus

adrianking65

Reaction score
oh lol. Yeah, but 99.999% of the time, the main issue when parking, is coming back to find Karen in her 1993 206 opening her door straight into the side of our car. I park in the furthest possible bay away from everyone, and when I come back, there she is. lol
That’s what PPF is for…

adrianking65

Reaction score
Don’t think PPF is going to save us from Karen’s fat ass, mate
You’d be amazed how good quality PPF is at protecting a car. All my cars that have been PPF have been scraped or scuffed and it’s saved the paint. May have stupidly scraped the carbon fiber wing mirrors quite badly on my GT3 RS - my man just ripped it off and re-did for free. Zero damage. That would have been an expensive replacement otherwise.