BMW M2 anyone?

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Potential rival for the Emira!? £60k start price would place it right in there price wise.

Not looks, but on manual performance and handling?

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have a BMW 1M (which I have tracked) and have driven a track buddy’s M2 Competition (which I have only driven on track)…If the Emira’s ride and handling is at least as good as that of the Evora GT, it will make a better street and track car than the M2. The M2 and my 1M handle terrifically, but the ride for both is harsher than that of the Evora GT - and likely the Emira as well.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
BMW suspension choice has always been a let down for me in UK.
I'd probably only consider another if it was Xdrive and had some sort of adjustable damping.

OP
Jonhklee

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
BMW suspension choice has always been a let down for me in UK.
I'd probably only consider another if it was Xdrive and had some sort of adjustable damping.
I think both are on the cards…

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think both are on the cards…
Ooo
Did I mention the ridiculous depreciation from new as well 😅
Not too bad at the moment due to supply, but a consideration.
I've always liked my beemers but never loved them or missed them when they were gone. Kinda sums it up for me

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've always liked my beemers but never loved them or missed them when they were gone. Kinda sums it up for me
This is a great summation. Exactly how I felt about my M2. Really "liked" and enjoyed it when I had it. Never loved it. Had it for 10 months and traded for a 991.1 GTS. Haven't missed it once.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is a great summation. Exactly how I felt about my M2. Really "liked" and enjoyed it when I had it. Never loved it. Had it for 10 months and traded for a 991.1 GTS. Haven't missed it once.
Ironically I wish I had bought the 991 GTS I was looking at when I sold the beemer....

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
M2 is a good car, but it's not mid-engine. Any mid-engine car is in a different league.

Had one E36 M3, one E92 M3, one 987.2 Cayman S and one 981 GT4, all tracked. No BMW is on par with a mid-engine (performance wise).

I have ordered a Supra 6MT for track duty and I know it's a downgrade VS the GT4, but I'm willing to compromise for the price difference.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
That's because you need to go back in time. My E46 M3 and 135 are a lot of fun, sometimes more than the F80.

The M2 will be very heavy and looks already seem very challenged even with camo . It will be very quick but feel-wise I think it will be best as a fun daily more than a weekend car.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The M2 looks like ass. I don't know what BMW was thinking when they designed the 2 series, including the M2 Competition. The CLA45 is a better choice in this size class even though it has 4 doors. It looks far better and I believe is an overall better car in terms of performance/handling.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That's because you need to go back in time. My E46 M3 and 135 are a lot of fun, sometimes more than the F80.

The M2 will be very heavy and looks already seem very challenged even with camo . It will be very quick but feel-wise I think it will be best as a fun daily more than a weekend car.
I just don't think I'm a huge BMW fan tbh. I enjoyed the two C7's I had FAR more.
I would have another manual Z06 C7 in a heartbeat.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I just don't think I'm a huge BMW fan tbh. I enjoyed the two C7's I had FAR more.
I would have another manual Z06 C7 in a heartbeat.
I have a few at home so I'm biased. I love that they are drivers cars but still very daily. Corvettes are not my thing at all, American muscle cars in general. My boss has some mean looking Mustang but between the interior and the handling I think I'm not the target customer.

Attachments

• 510587E0-65B6-49AA-9C45-DBBB5011A5C6.jpeg
    510587E0-65B6-49AA-9C45-DBBB5011A5C6.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 39
  • EFD82D85-9117-4314-8748-0D4B4526689F.jpeg
    EFD82D85-9117-4314-8748-0D4B4526689F.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 38

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was never an American muscle car lover either. That changed when I test drove the camaro SS 1le. I tested the M2 the same day and to my surprise, I enjoyed the camaro much more. The fact it was way cheaper was another plus.

Chevy has some amazing engineers at work. They might not have as plush of an interior as their German counterparts but I’m really impressed with they punch way above their weight (Price)

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had a 1M since new (11 years) and I'll probably never sell it. Great car.

But the new generation of BMWs do nothing for me . . . bloated, over-styled, just . . . ugly. And they've totally debased the M brand by slapping it on everything with wheels.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I've had a 1M since new (11 years) and I'll probably never sell it. Great car.

But the new generation of BMWs do nothing for me . . . bloated, over-styled, just . . . ugly. And they've totally debased the M brand by slapping it on everything with wheels.
Totally agree. The G8X is just not even a consideration. It's more of a overly designed marketing gimmick. It was interesting to see the Apex guys at the Nurburgring compare the G80 va the F80 for ring taxi duties. There is an article out there.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have a few at home so I'm biased. I love that they are drivers cars but still very daily. Corvettes are not my thing at all, American muscle cars in general. My boss has some mean looking Mustang but between the interior and the handling I think I'm not the target customer.
Nice looking cars to be sure! Especially love the sunset orange (I think it's called?). I can appreciate the cars, but there's just something about that V8 sound, power, and the low seat position, long hood...lol. Yes, the interior/exterior quality has a few issues. BMW for the win there.

I'll never forget the feeling of constantly trying to lower my seat in the M2. Felt like I was a bus driver sometimes!

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't care at all for the next-gen M2. Exterior design looks awful, imo, and not a fan of the wall to wall screens.

I'm biased but I like my F87 M2 Competition. Looks awesome to me and is incredibly fun to drive. It also still has ANALOG gauges; back when BMW didn't go completely mad yet.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That blue is very nice.(y)

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Nice looking cars to be sure! Especially love the sunset orange (I think it's called?). I can appreciate the cars, but there's just something about that V8 sound, power, and the low seat position, long hood...lol. Yes, the interior/exterior quality has a few issues. BMW for the win there.

I'll never forget the feeling of constantly trying to lower my seat in the M2. Felt like I was a bus driver sometimes!
Imola Red!