• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Best drive video & sound of AMG 4-cylinder / 8 DCT by YouTuber and Influencer JWW (James Walker) during exclusive LOTUS rental of Nürburgring (al

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Watching material related to the (still ongoing) record attempt by Lotus Evija. There is still no absolute record,, and the process to achieve a great result must still continue.

YouTuber & Influencer James Walker = JWW) has been hired by LOTUS to publicize the Evija Nurburgring time record event(s).

However, at the most recent event, there was Nurburgring course rental time left over, and two Lotus Emira are allowed to take a lap or two. It is notable that the Emira driven by James Walker (JWW) is the AMG M139 4-cylinder (i4) with 8 DCT gearbox. A video camera that seems to be attached to a harness on James’ head, makes the entire windshield, plus the instrument panel including speedometer, clearly visible just like if the viewer were driving himself/herself. Starting moderately, the driving style and speed increases along the way, and you get a very clear impression of both how capable the Emira i4 is, and also how experienced and capable James is as a seasoned supercar driver. It is well worth watching theis JWW UNCUT video, not only to get information on the Evija circuit record attempts (including an interview with the German driver), but also to watch the Emira i4 being driven properly on the Nürburgring Nordschleife - the so-called “Green Hell”. The engine sound is also very well captured and show well that the i4 does have a proper sound-track that many of us prefer. No doubt the V6 sounds better, and that most V6 owners also will be able to “row their gears” which I have enjoyed with many cars, including the three Mazda RX-7 that I have owned (in the past) including driving them on Fuji Speedway racing circuit.

I recommend all members in the forum to watch James Walker’s (JWW) really excellent drive of the Emira i4 on the Nürburgring.

REQUEST: I hope this thread can be kept free of all the 4-cylinder (i4) “hatred” and “ridiculing”, including the “paddle shift automatic” (actually a Dual Clutch Transmission - DCT). There are countless of other threads to bask in the satisfaction of “V6 sound & manual shifting”. Here is simply a chance to see a serious drive with good sound of the i4 on one of the most famous venues in the world.

To watch the Emira i4 drive, you can “spool” straight to 06:55 (about)

By the way, I am not sure if James (JWW) is a member on this forum? But I would have loved it if he “appeared” here with some of his first-hand impressions. For example the responsiveness of the engine and the DCT (where earlier problems supposedly have been “sorted”, but LOTUS refuses to tell us anything.)

Last edited:
OP
Tokion

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can I ask one of our dear moderators to edit my title of this thread? Just remove the very last “(al”. THANK YOU❣️

08fordgt

Reaction score
The cold start sounds good. It will sound a lot better after a high flow cat without the gpf or an upgraded muffler.

675430VME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The cold start sounds good. It will sound a lot better after a high flow cat without the gpf or an upgraded muffler.
It does, this car has a high flow cat without gpf and upgrade muffler. Sound is badass onsite but hard to capture on phone

Attachments

• 88438.MP4
    7.2 MB

08fordgt

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Just like my 2.0T Alfa. Do you know what downpipe they have? Do you have any more pics or videos of this car? It's that silver and is it covered with matte ppf? Looks really good. I haven't seen a silver one in person.

675430VME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds awesome. Just like my 2.0T Alfa. Do you know what downpipe they have? Do you have any more pics or videos of this car? It's that silver and is it covered with matte ppf? Looks really good. I haven't seen a silver one in person.
Downpipe is made by a Chinese company called Mach5, one of the very few that will not trigger CEL light, and so far the only one that does not have a GPF. This one is by far the loudest, HJS comes in second but with a GPF. The silver color is actually a wrap but indeed it looks nice.