• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Base spec details

teamvxracing

Reaction score
When are we going to get actual production details about the base spec editions?

Are the seats going to be same as the FE , albeit with a different base without all the motors?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The publication date has been delayed multiple times. Latest forecast is early Q2 this year.

Base seat is 4-way adjustable and electric, so still has some of the motors. I’m assuming it’ll be the same seat frame and padding, to simplify approvals and manufacture. There will be a base material, some kind of leather and technical fabric, with an option to upgrade to the Alcantara or leather of the FE.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The publication date has been delayed multiple times. Latest forecast is early Q2 this year.

Base seat is 4-way adjustable and electric, so still has some of the motors. I’m assuming it’ll be the same seat frame and padding, to simplify approvals and manufacture. There will be a base material, some kind of leather and technical fabric, with an option to upgrade to the Alcantara or leather of the FE.
I don't suppose anyone knows what the weight of the base spec with nothing added will be?
Thanks in advance

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone knows what the weight of the base spec with nothing added will be?
Thanks in advance
718s have electric seats and base seats. I’ll go over there and ask weight savings between the 2 while we wait for Lotus (#longtime)
Got this back fwiw
14/18 way memory seats are approximately 45 pounds heavier

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t know the like for like difference but heaviest variant is V6 FE with Auto and lightest is i4 Base with no options. That difference is about 60-65kg and I think Auto is about 8-10kg of that.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, do you know what options that come standard on the F/E are the heaviest? I assume it's the 12 way seat vs 4 way. I can't seem to think of another significant option that adds more weight to the F/E? Kef?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, do you know what options that come standard on the F/E are the heaviest? I assume it's the 12 way seat vs 4 way. I can't seem to think of another significant option that adds more weight to the F/E? Kef?

Has to be the seats. KEF might not even end up weighing that much more since the base system will likely have additional speakers (KEF system doesn't have tweets behind those A pillar grills).

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think I4 base with drivers pack (single piece rotor, sports suspension option and track settings) plus forged wheels will the lightest one…. For the driver.
Add your own choice of optional interior fabric….or replace the seats with lightweight buckets.

I’m waiting to see pricing and option list.

Add the future Litchfield ECU map and exhaust…. That will be the one to have

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think I4 base with drivers pack (single piece rotor, sports suspension option and track settings) plus forged wheels will the lightest one…. For the driver.
Add your own choice of optional interior fabric….or replace the seats with lightweight buckets.

I’m waiting to see pricing and option list.

Add the future Litchfield ECU map and exhaust…. That will be the one to have
Don’t disagree but if I buy one more 4 cyl turbo I might go crazy

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
718s have electric seats and base seats. I’ll go over there and ask weight savings between the 2 while we wait for Lotus (#longtime)
Got this back fwiw
14/18 way memory seats are approximately 45 pounds heavier
Disgusting that that any multi adjust electric memory seats were put in a Lotus full stop 😝😉

As soon as someone decided that it was game over.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Would be easier to swap out basic seats if they were not heated and not paid a pretty ££££ for them in the first place….
Base spec makes a lot of sense for that…