Base Edition - Pricing/Options/Colors in Configurator (When?)

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The website states mid 24.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus said September for the Base Edition info when they published the i4 FE details and pricing.

OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lotus said September for the Base Edition info when they published the i4 FE details and pricing.
So what's you're 'educated' guess on when we'll start to see Base Edition V6's arriving in the US? Maybe starting in Nov/Dec? (or am I dreaming?)

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So what's you're 'educated' guess on when we'll start to see Base Edition V6's arriving in the US? Maybe starting in Nov/Dec? (or am I dreaming?)
Think it will be later than that. I just placed my order this week for a V6 FE and don't think I'll see it till Jan. 23 at the earliest!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The first V6's to arrive in the U.S. will be the FE's, and they were supposed to begin arriving from October-December, but that was before the delay. Lotus hasn't said if the delay will affect the cars for North America, but I'm assuming it probably will. Base edition V6's won't show up until sometime next year.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think Base Edition deliveries will start 9 months after V6 First Edition deliveries for each region. So if US V6 FEs start in October 2022 I think V6 BEs will be July 2023 onwards.

That might change depending on how much Lotus decide to overlap production, and if the second shift is fully productive and the supply chain can keep pace at the higher 10k cars a year rate.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Remember when we were supposed to get official pics of painted Emiras last October? I'm betting base configurator and pricing will be Jan 2023.
To be fair, Lotus said late last year they would announce i4 FE pricing and specs in March 2022 and they did.

They need to publish the info so they can open the Base Edition order book, start taking deposits and config, and instruct suppliers. So I think it's unlikely they'll delay publication, unless there's some Covid resurgence or other major world event that slows/stops FE production.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, Lotus said late last year they would announce i4 FE pricing and specs in March 2022 and they did.

They need to publish the info so they can open the Base Edition order book, start taking deposits and config, and instruct suppliers. So I think it's unlikely they'll delay publication, unless there's some Covid resurgence or other major world event that slows/stops FE production.

Fair and true... I can only imagine the delay at US ports when these finally ship out. Honestly, I just want them to make it safely at this point and not become victims to another cargo ship fire!

I'm locked into my FE, but extremely curious to see pricing for individual options and all the new colors on the configurator.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect by the time they publish options pricing they are going to have to factor in something for inflation. I think they'll try to keep the base prices the same as already advertised but bump up the options. That's going to make the FEs look like great value.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect by the time they publish options pricing they are going to have to factor in something for inflation. I think they'll try to keep the base prices the same as already advertised but bump up the options. That's going to make the FEs look like great value.
I hope so!

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If they keep the FE price the same for the entire run of them. Perhaps fortune really will favour the brave who have locked in without seeing the colours!

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Think it will be later than that. I just placed my order this week for a V6 FE and don't think I'll see it till Jan. 23 at the earliest!
Placed mine in October and have had an email stating summer 23! So an order now would be then/autumn 23 at the earliest

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-190219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-190219_Chrome.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 139