Automatic gear lever replacement to (R N D P) buttons possible?

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it possible to replace the gearbox lever to subtle buttons (R N D P) like the evora?

maybe one on one replacement from Evora or custom build?

Attachments

• 1A1DD0A1-A936-4A57-9CB2-F59732FAC6FB.jpeg
    1A1DD0A1-A936-4A57-9CB2-F59732FAC6FB.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 31EFB790-CD11-43E0-B61A-6F2A9E22C402.jpeg
    31EFB790-CD11-43E0-B61A-6F2A9E22C402.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 47

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it possible to replace the gearbox lever to subtle buttons (R N D P) like the evora?

maybe one on one replacement from Evora or custom build?
Sorry not answering your question.
IMO the lever style is far more intuitive. Buttons are a look down and press so are completely stupid twiddly knobs.
A stick requires nothing but muscle memory.
The Taycan has a silly up and down toggle on the dash. Yet more changing stuff for the sake of it

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd reckon on the V6 auto, you might get away with adapting controls from an Evora, assuming it's the same gearbox controller, and just the software differs... it's just microswitches under all that styling in the end. That said, not so sure how much luck you'd have with the i4 gearbox controller though.

In any case, I'd bet you can kiss your drivetrain warranty goodbye 😅

OP
GlobalPilot777

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd reckon on the V6 auto, you might get away with adapting controls from an Evora, assuming it's the same gearbox controller, and just the software differs... it's just microswitches under all that styling in the end. That said, not so sure how much luck you'd have with the i4 gearbox controller though.

In any case, I'd bet you can kiss your drivetrain warranty goodbye 😅
Yeah its gonna be for the V6 auto.
Will do a lot more mods especially the komo mods EM475, need to find some ways to reduce some weight too as the car felt ‘heavy’ doing the test ride. Love the GT4 and the sound is amazing but not road legal.. want some track fun and daily drive. Warranty is no issue as its gonna be a proper fun car.

Reactions: ADC

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah its gonna be for the V6 auto.
Will do a lot more mods especially the komo mods EM475, need to find some ways to reduce some weight too as the car felt ‘heavy’ doing the test ride. Love the GT4 and the sound is amazing but not road legal.. want some track fun and daily drive. Warranty is no issue as its gonna be a proper fun car.
the seats probably weigh the same as two empty 8yrd skips so start with those re weight saving

• Haha
Reactions: ADC

d15b7

Reaction score
I’m with Toomany ^ if you want quick weight reduction swap out the seats for lightweight non power racing seats, and next swap out for some custom light weight wheels (this one is big as it’s rotating mass so twice as noticeable). After that it gets more difficult (maybe lightweight Ti exhaust would be next)

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m with Toomany ^ if you want quick weight reduction swap out the seats for lightweight non power racing seats, and next swap out for some custom light weight wheels (this one is big as it’s rotating mass so twice as noticeable). After that it gets more difficult (maybe lightweight Ti exhaust would be next)
It always tickled me guys stripping out S1 Exiges to save a few Kgs when going for a run and eating a few less pies would av done the same job!

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts