Australian pricing $195k

Rob

Reaction score
local configurator has been updated. Looks like ~AU$195k in my state drive away Which is in line with my expectations.
My spec:
v6 Auto, touring
V spoke Silver wheels, black brake calipers
Verdant Green
Tan Leather
Black Alcantara steering wheel with red nappa inserts
Homelink if it works here

Last edited:
I would have thought it would be closer to $200k.
Base FE car (manual) is $185k, add on your options, + dealer $3k, + stamp duty, reg/tac insurance

Reactions: Rob
I feel for you lot. My wife and I lived in Oz for two years (2011-2012) and I was floored by the cost of cars (and rego). We had a '96 VW Golf that cost us the equivalent of what two would cost us here in the States. That being said, we can't get Skylines or Peugeot here, so while expensive, you have some pretty cool choices!

I feel for you lot. My wife and I lived in Oz for two years (2011-2012) and I was floored by the cost of cars (and rego). We had a '96 VW Golf that cost us the equivalent of what two would cost us here in the States. That being said, we can't get Skylines or Peugeot here, so while expensive, you have some pretty cool choices!
Australia, often described as the "Lucky Country", with the exception of car prices and politicians:mad:

All of the extra government taxes, duties etc. we’re supposedly put in place to protect the local car industry which no longer exists, funny how the taxes stayed though! I was told some time ago when I was buying a 911 that the Australian government makes more from a 911 sale than Porsche do 😱 at least they spend it wisely.

All of the extra government taxes, duties etc. we’re supposedly put in place to protect the local car industry which no longer exists, funny how the taxes stayed though! I was told some time ago when I was buying a 911 that the Australian government makes more from a 911 sale than Porsche do 😱 at least they spend it wisely.
For governments, cars are the gift that keeps on giving. If you stop to think about all the regulations that focus on cars and the costs associated with satisfying them it will make your head spin then cause you to vomit green…..like the impact of demonic possession on Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

For governments, cars are the gift that keeps on giving. If you stop to think about all the regulations that focus on cars and the costs associated with satisfying them it will make your head spin then cause you to vomit green…..like the impact of demonic possession on Linda Blair in the Exorcist.
Head spin meets wheel spin, it's all very taxing.

I used to work for an Australian company and visited 4-6 times a year. I’m surprised the government hasn’t mandated for all cars locally to run on coal ;)

Ouch. With those kind of prices and everything else going on in Oz, it's as if the government there are doing everything they can to chase people out of the country.

Ouch. With those kind of prices and everything else going on in Oz, it's as if the government there are doing everything they can to chase people out of the country.
A good behavioral example of how a population behaves in a country that was founded by gaolers 😁 (US - Jailers) (common misunderstanding that Australia was founded by convicts)

A good behavioral example of how a population behaves in a country that was founded by gaolers 😁 (US - Jailers) (common misunderstanding that Australia was founded by convicts)
Who else reading both posts is suddenly thinking of Crocodile Dundee?