Anyone else in NY, specifically North of Albany?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm nearly on the Canadian border here in Ogdensburg. The dealership I am working with is Lotus of Western NY near Buffalo, which is a 4 hour drive for me.

Curious who else is in this area? I was 15 or so on the dealer's reservation list, so there should be someone else on here. 😃

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm down in DE, but in the finger lakes region a couple times a year. Looks like Watkins International is about 3 hrs from you.. It'd be great to get a group together for a track weekend event!

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm down in DE, but in the finger lakes region a couple times a year. Looks like Watkins International is about 3 hrs from you.. It'd be great to get a group together for a track weekend event!
I'd be up for a track weekend at the Glen.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I actually went to Watkins Glen last fall for the first time! I used to work for a BMW racing team (Bimmerworld) and they were racing there. I watched the race and got to hang out with them for a bit and chat.

Watkins is a beautiful spot; we have been to nearby Geneva for wine tours in the past as well. A track day would be awesome! I haven't been on a track in years, and doing so with a proper car like the Emira would be a lot of fun.

Maybe summer of 2023 we will all have our cars?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds great! I was actually on the track with my GTI during a BMW club event back in October 2019 (pre-covid madness). It's really fun to be downtown and see all the cars cruising around taking in the history too. It's a beautiful area and lots of nice lakeside wineries.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sounds great! I was actually on the track with my GTI during a BMW club event back in October 2019 (pre-covid madness). It's really fun to be downtown and see all the cars cruising around taking in the history too. It's a beautiful area and lots of nice lakeside wineries.
Hooked on Driving has track days at Watkins Glen April 29 - May 1 and Oct. 14 - 16th.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hooked on Driving has track days at Watkins Glen April 29 - May 1 and Oct. 14 - 16th.

Is that a HPDE group? I've only ever tracked with Skip Barber. It'd be great to get some professional ride along tips.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is that a HPDE group? I've only ever tracked with Skip Barber. It'd be great to get some professional ride along tips.
It is a HPDE group. I have done 15-20 track days with them. They usually have three groups depending on your skill and track history. Beginning groups have ride along instructors.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
im in north jersey probably 2 hours away from you in deleware.

Delawhere? Yep.. I have family in the Hoboken/Jersey City area and my deposit is with Summit, so not too far or unfamiliar. Looking forward to future meet ups!

neonate

Reaction score
I'm nearly on the Canadian border here in Ogdensburg. The dealership I am working with is Lotus of Western NY near Buffalo, which is a 4 hour drive for me.

Curious who else is in this area? I was 15 or so on the dealer's reservation list, so there should be someone else on here. 😃
Me too. I live in Fingerlakes. I am on base V6 list at Lotus of WNY. Reserved in Oct'21.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Westchester, FE, March 23 expected following a January build

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Me too. I live in Fingerlakes. I am on base V6 list at Lotus of WNY. Reserved in Oct'21.
Hey, welcome! Maybe we can meet up someday when we get our cars! I got in a month ahead of you at that dealer.

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Connect with Lotus Owners Of New York (LOONY). Very active Lotus club. Have an event or two every year at Watkins Glen.

OP
NicolasB

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the owner of the dealership is into that club and races his car there. I will look into it.

My car is supposed to be built in March, so hoping for May delivery 🤞