Any V6 Auto check outs ?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Given that we have been advised these will go into build next month. Has anybody received a check out yet?

Cheers

I thought that the first autos were Feb build? I am in the 2nd batch and have been told March build.
Hi John - As I said before I was early May 2021 dipper and possibly one of the first Autos. I was told late last year Feb build but then revised to March build. I'm taking little notice of that. What will be will be.
There is no wonder folk are dropping like flies. New lotus needs a to do a lot of learning to keep these 'fickle folk' * on the hook when even us 'battered wives' are throwing the towel in!
*forgive me but we all know what i mean - not used to this f*ckwittery, normal folk
(NB - the months I am quoting are from the update emails, I have not called CS as I simply cant see the point).

I’m not sure if there’s any February builds now, I would’ve expected anyone who is a February build to have received a check out email by now

I was March build April del, then Feb build Mar del, but when I phoned just over a week ago they told me I am back to Mar build April del!!

again , not an issue, but why do i have to ring and find out the status of my order?

Why is yours a 72 plate?
I am 100% certain it will be a 72 plate and probably the only 72 plate V6 auto in existence if deliveries don't start until April. But the question remains - how can this be? A conundrum for my fellow forum members!

I am 100% certain it will be a 72 plate and probably the only 72 plate V6 auto in existence if deliveries don't start until April. But the question remains - how can this be? A conundrum for my fellow forum members!
you've lost me John lol, if your car is in production March and beyond it can only be a 23 plate no?

Unless we get to September of course ha ha

So why may I end up with the only 72 plate V6 auto?

The story starts last year. In one of the many date changes that we have all experienced, I was told I would have my car in late autumn 2022. I thought that it would be nice to have a special number plate as FE72LOT was avaiable from the DVLA. In hindsight, buying this was a very bad idea as I ended up with a number plate but no car!

So, why would anyone want to put a 72 plate on what will be a 23 plate car? Well, I would! I am not at all bothered about anyone thinking it is an older car than it is and more importantly the valuation (which does change from 72 plates to 23 plates) is unaffected as the valuation is based on registration date not whatever is on the number plate.

All being well I plan on keeping the car, so when I eventually sell, the registration date may not be that important anyway. Other factors include spending the last few months learning the registration, not wanting to throw the reg in the bin now that I have paid for it and it will always be a talking point at local car meets (particularly if it turns out that it is the only 72 plate V6 auto in existence).

Back