• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Android Auto Buttons Non responsive

Jarrad

Reaction score
Hate had no trouble since pick up some 2000 miles ago but last couple of times the additional app buttons on Android Auto are not functioning and won't respond. Can still use Spotify and Google maps etc. On the on screen widgets but cannot access any other app/settings. Anybody else? (Just had a thought) Or are they just frozen out when you are driving 🤔?

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hate had no trouble since pick up some 2000 miles ago but last couple of times the additional app buttons on Android Auto are not functioning and won't respond. Can still use Spotify and Google maps etc. On the on screen widgets but cannot access any other app/settings. Anybody else? (Just had a thought) Or are they just frozen out when you are driving 🤔?
Have you managed to get a wireless connection with Android Auto as I had tried but failed?

OP
J

Jarrad

Reaction score
Wow, what a shame. Have you used it before on another car? What phone are you using?

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow, what a shame. Have you used it before on another car? What phone are you using?
No not used it before the other cars have a good satnav unlike the Emira !!, phon is an
LG G7 thinq.

OP
J

Jarrad

Reaction score
Not sure about the compatibility of LG as I'm a Samsung guy and it just connects first time and every time. I would just make sure the phone app is up to date and check compatibility of the phone online. Tbh I quite like the Emira Sat Nav too, now I've set it up properly. I float between both depending upon my mood.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've experienced this on a few cars, not unique to the Emira. I fixed it by clearing the cache and data for the Android Auto app on the phone and then rebooting the phone.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No not used it before the other cars have a good satnav unlike the Emira !!, phon is an
LG G7 thinq.
The phone is definately compatible, Android Autio actually says Lotus wireless connection is available when in the car, but it wont connect, I am probably missing something but do not know why.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've experienced this on a few cars, not unique to the Emira. I fixed it by clearing the cache and data for the Android Auto app on the phone and then rebooting the phone.
Just cleared data and cache, rebooted phone, I am going out about 3pm with Lotus so will give it a try. Thanks for advice.

Hobiedick

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any luck?
No it didn't work , I called into my Lotus dealer Hendy Performance Eastleigh as I was passing them on the way to a friend, they are very good and just dropped what they were doing to try and get it to work. Unfortunatley they couldn't get it to work either and are going to seek advice, car is all up to date with software. I am really lucky to be fairly close to Hendy's and you couldn't want a friendlier or more helpful group of people, I hope LOTUS cars appreciate what they do for their customers.