Andrew Frankel’s review

In my book Andrew Franknel is one of the best motoring writers out there and I really value his opinion. Overall a very positive review, although unsurprisingly he found the touring suspension not best suited to track use. I am particularly pleased he found there was plenty of head and legroom and good seats as I seem to recall he is 6ft 4.

In my book Andrew Franknel is one of the best motoring writers out there and I really value his opinion. Overall a very positive review, although unsurprisingly he found the touring suspension not best suited to track use. I am particularly pleased he found there was plenty of head and legroom and good seats as I seem to recall he is 6ft 4.
His Intercooler write up is actually better and more positive than this one…

He comes across a bit more negative in the podcast compared to the written word:

Not that it matters to me. The more I read and watch today, the more it makes me think Lotus has similar traits to Ducati, Porsche to Honda. I would never buy the later two despite knowing they are easier to drive and ride on road and track. Just personal preference. Horses for courses!

Right… still have that podcast to listen to…. For me I just don’t want the Porsche as it slips quietly by unnoticed knowing I had to pay 20k on options to make it resellable

You have paid 15k in options on the Emira if you have an FE coming 😋😘
Very true… but I don’t feel trapped into it I guess as I did when I spec’d a Cayman

Very true… but I don’t feel trapped into it I guess as I did when I spec’d a Cayman
The beauty of speccing the Cayman is you can spec it. Ironically you are trapped into having options on the Emira that you may not want.

Weirdly listening to Monsieur Frankel I had a tinge of excitement hearing him speculate about 470bhp i4 AMG Emira S cars. I want to love the V6 and have never owned an auto, but it could just be the missing link to make the Emira truly great.

Weirdly listening to Monsieur Frankel I had a tinge of excitement hearing him speculate about 470bhp i4 AMG Emira S cars. I want to love the V6 and have never owned an auto, but it could just be the missing link to make the Emira truly great.
I felt the same tinge and thought process. Started me thinking the FE for a couple of years or so, then swapping to an ‘ultimate Emira’ as last petrol car would be a option. I equate flappy paddles to quickshifter on bikes, they’re a bit silly but quite fun.

You have paid 15k in options on the Emira if you have an FE coming 😋😘
You guys pay 15k (I assume pounds in the UK) for options?? In the US we pay $11k USD for a fully loaded model (FE).