• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

All the Lotus info from Goodwood FOS...

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks - hopefully the hardware is all there and a future software update will enable the extra features.....
Sadly I don’t think this is the case. I suspect it’s due to chip supply issues still.

I asked whether things like active cruise could be added to early cars later on, and was told “only if the hardware is there, which is not guaranteed”. So you may get the pod but not actually get many of the features. Seems a strange approach, why not just leave the pod off until you can add the whole suite.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No black pack though :ROFLMAO:. ADAS pod is there - does that mean we're getting ADAS on UK i4 FE (please ask if you get an opportunity) although noted that this is a LHD car but not badged LOTUS NYO.....?
I somehow thought this is what is called an “Extended Black Pack” 👀😇⁉️ (But I am safe, because I selected the darkest green ever🤣)

Last edited:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
the i4 supposedly just went up - on the live stream it sounded like the v6 ! (was nimbus)

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The commentator just said that the nimbus grey that ran up the hill was the i4. It sounded real good, arguably better than the 6.
that's my point - it sounded like a v6

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here’s the sound comparison

Nimbus Grey i4 and Hethel Yellow V6. The i4 sounds good and better than I was expecting. The V6 sounds great and I prefer it, but they’re both good.

It’s only an iPhone video but I think gives a good impression of the differences.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Long shot, but does anyone happen to have an extra Goodwood ticket? Thinking of hopping a flight tonight but I see official channels are sold out.

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Nimbus Grey i4 and Hethel Yellow V6. The i4 sounds good and better than I was expecting. The V6 sounds great and I prefer it, but they’re both good.

It’s only an iPhone video but I think gives a good impression of the differences.

View attachment 29021
View attachment 29022
Weird. With a DCT, why is there such a long pause on upshift for the Nimbus car?

Reactions: ADC

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 29021
View attachment 29022
Your clip sounded a lot sharper-edged than the livestream IMO... I keep hitting replay on yours, willing it to be longer :D

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Screenshot from the live feed of the Nimbus. Looks like a V6. I think the commentary got it wrong.

IMG_1063.png

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE , your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to ride up the hill and capture onboard sound for the i4.

This message will self-destruct etc etc.