• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

air noise after 150

andreino14

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yesterday I finally almost finished the run-in and I put a little to the test "Emira".... At a speed above 160, it seems that the driver's side door deforms causing the air noise to increase to the point of annoyance. Today I will bring this to my dealer. However, in terms of performance... Hell, it makes me have fun!!!!

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yesterday I finally almost finished the run-in and I put a little to the test "Emira".... At a speed above 160, it seems that the driver's side door deforms causing the air noise to increase to the point of annoyance. Today I will bring this to my dealer. However, in terms of performance... Hell, it makes me have fun!!!!
Guarda qui, sembra simile alla ruba domanda, potrebbe fare al caso tuo

Thread 'Wind noise'
https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/wind-noise.2186/

check out here, it looks similar to your question, it might help

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Try putting the frameless windows through their full reset procedure as described in the owner's manual. It helps ensure they seat fully each time the door opens and closes, as the windows auto-drop and then raise again.

This can help immensely at higher speeds when low pressure develops on the outside of the glass.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Agh, another inconsistency then. Mine does seem to have poor door seals although a power wash aimed at them only let in a couple of drops - thought I'd try it. 😬

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have this on mine too. Check the mirrors mount corners on both sides to see if they are not sticking out . Also on many Emira’s, the panels gaps on passenger/driver side doors is not even. My driver side door gap is 3mm wider than the passenger side and if you shut the door gently and look down into the door seals, they are not sitting/sealing 100% correctly.

You can generally tell by closing each side of the door. A well sealed door will be well damped. My driver side closes with a bang and a rattle from the mirror housing.

Going back to dealer soon.