Reaction score
I’m not sure what to believe. I see this and posts like this:
2240D28E-9AC2-4A58-9655-9AA3E133CA09.jpeg

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The magma thread has so many pictures at this point, pretty easy to get a feeling of what it looks like under different lighting conditions. It’s going to look dull when overcast, deep during golden hour, and vibrant under direct sunlight. As you’d sort of expect with a metallic red?

Honeywell

Reaction score
Autocar earns three hundred times the money from Porsche/VAG advertising than from Lotus. So Naturally the Emira had to be second place to the Cayman GTS...

The Pork breaks the National motorway speed limit in second its so stupidly over geared. It looks like every other £30k Cayman in every office car park and nobody gives them a second glance. Its steering is electric and therefore dead. If you don't option the thing precisely it and service it an OPC religiously including only using OPC approved screen wash you get rinsed on trade in value.

Plus it shows no imagination.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think the truth on Magma is somewhere in between the extremes shown in this thread. In most of the world it doesn't get the same amount of "flat light overcast" as in the UK, so the time it spends with a darker burgundy look will probably be a lot less than for our UK friends.

I think this will probably be closer to the daily look in mixed weather:
1656812742266.jpeg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, the key is the Lotus badge on the wheels — completely over saturated. Which is a shame.
Yeah it looks like they shifted some of the blue channel out, and moved more of the red/orange channel in to give the red that rich, vibrant look. You're right, the color change and saturation in the Lotus center cap on the wheel gives away what they did to the photo.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think the truth on Magma is somewhere in between the extremes shown in this thread. In most of the world it doesn't get the same amount of "flat light overcast" as in the UK, so the time it spends with a darker burgundy look will probably be a lot less than for our UK friends.

I think this will probably be closer to the daily look in mixed weather:
View attachment 7177
Similar to Volcano Red on the McLarens and Astons.

Which are stunning. Not always bright but beautiful and lustrous.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Taste wise - right at the back!!

I have full confidence that DV will be magnificent in the metal
I spotted a Magma Red on the road, obviously a press car. I have to say it does look good out in the wilds. Wasn't sure about it when looking at the round samples at Silverstone.