• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

2024 Porsche 718 Cayman price increases by $5,100; GT4 RS price by $13,100

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These were pretty big increases.... and GT4 and Spyder are done production. Luckily I get mine in two months. One of the last ever made.

Certainly gives a boost to the Emira, Also seems that Porsche is now set to be the leader in the two door sports car EV, beating Lotus once again. I just wish they get the Emira well sorted before sending them to us. Then I will say it is worth the wait.

Some of the increases are fairly big, especially when you compare 2021 911 prices to 2024... big difference.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Are similar price hikes coming to the Uk does anyone know? Expect them too but all articles quotes US only markets

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So wait just a minute here.... Does this mean that - - even with the increase on the FE 2 MSRP - - the Emira is a bargain again?
Depends on the Market... In Canada the GTS 4.0 is still 15K LESS than an Emira FE 1.0. We never had 2.0 FE pricing announced.

In the US, GTS 4.0 is 95K same price as an Emira 1.0 F/E.... I would say the Emira is the better option. Bargain, no. But I would take an Emira over a GTS 4.0 for the same price and better options.

F/E 2.0 at 105K.... Not a bargain. Not terrible, but definitely not a good deal. The corvette is a bargain.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m OUT! What attracts me to Porsche is their CPO program. My plan was always pre owned. But like lotus, F CK YOU PORSCHE

moley44

Reaction score
I had a 4S build in at a high $180K, it jumped to $190K. Between that and the dealers who still want to gouge with an undisclosed ADM, Porsche can keep it. The MSRP is the MSRP, if Porsche wants even more, stick it on the MSRP but these dealers that want an additional $20-$50K, good luck boys!
I have ordered an Emira instead, with guaranteed MSRP and more unique here in the US.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just of the back of this i've just been told my 911 992.2 order has gone up by 10k that's 7k on my car and 3k on my options.

Car not due until well into 2024 as not released yet so with the 992.2 hike and the 2024 hike the car might well be above my means. I suppose I could always chip the Emira in, in 18 months time if there is still any value in it.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 718 Boxster T. That and the Cayman T were the best sweet spots for style and performance and price. They got rid of them for Style models. They are kind of cool, kind of lame, in that they took away the T models for that. The GTS 4.0L has not been a reasonable purchase since 2023 model year. Now it is kind of dumb. An Emira v6 with manual is better than a 4.0 GTS. To make the GTS cooler, you need a full interior package + Full Bucket Seats (carbon fiber seats). Then it is cooler than an emira but it is super expensive at that point. The only reasonable purchase is a Cayman S with only a few key features checked, like PASM+PTV, leather option, and that's about it.

Emira v6 at current pricing gives a lot more than a GTS 4.0L considering the new price gouge.

EV"s are so stupid.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a 718 Boxster T. That and the Cayman T were the best sweet spots for style and performance and price. They got rid of them for Style models. They are kind of cool, kind of lame, in that they took away the T models for that. The GTS 4.0L has not been a reasonable purchase since 2023 model year. Now it is kind of dumb. An Emira v6 with manual is better than a 4.0 GTS. To make the GTS cooler, you need a full interior package + Full Bucket Seats (carbon fiber seats). Then it is cooler than an emira but it is super expensive at that point. The only reasonable purchase is a Cayman S with only a few key features checked, like PASM+PTV, leather option, and that's about it.

Emira v6 at current pricing gives a lot more than a GTS 4.0L considering the new price gouge.

EV"s are so stupid.
I think you're right. A few years ago when the Emira was unveiled, pricing down under between a FE v6 manual and a GTS 4.0 manual (without options) was about the same. Now two years later with several rounds of Porsche price increases a GTS with a few reasonable options added is about 20% more expensive than an FE. This might be different in other markets of course, but price wise at least the Emira (even with its recent price increase) is still great value.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just priced up a GTS 4.0 Manual (UK) to a similar spec to the Emira - a smidge under £84K - and that's not with Shark Blue (which is another 2K) which would be the colour I would choose

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know we're comparing the Cayman and Emira, but I'd just like to remind everyone that if you don't already have a Cayman on order you've missed the boat. Order an Emira ASAP, if you want a new ICE car.

1. Several Caymans (despite the price hikes) are already cancelled for 2024
2. ALL ICE Caymans are cancelled past 2024
3. I recently went to my local dealer and they had NO NEW 911/718's available, only used at higher prices than new.

The MSRP prices you guys see on the website are honestly a bargain compared to reality.