19 Months 12 Days later

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Also, as the OP has ignored the warning from Lotus in the manual about not removing the bonnet, other components inside may have been exposed to elements that were not intended.

Surely you must be joking.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
About the under bonnet being a dealer service area. No, I’m not. It’s your car, do what you want. There’s nothing under there for me.
The "bonnet" doesn't cover a sealed area. In fact not only is it open to the sides as part of the aero design, but the whole nose of the car is an intake for the under-bonnet area. All the water that would be kicked up in normal road spray travels straight into the radiator and through it to the other side. That whole area would be completely wet during rainy operation.

So for you to say that the owner using the release bolts to open the hinged, engineered-to-be-opened front bonnet is the thing that exposed a bolt to the elements and made it rust... well, uh, I just don't think that's the case.

Plus there are plenty of things under there that an owner would need to access in order to ensure safe operation of the vehicle, including the brake fluid reservoir.

OP
KJD

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The "bonnet" doesn't cover a sealed area. In fact not only is it open to the sides as part of the aero design, but the whole nose of the car is an intake for the under-bonnet area. All the water that would be kicked up in normal road spray travels straight into the radiator and through it to the other side. That whole area would be completely wet during rainy operation.

So for you to say that the owner using the release bolts to open the hinged, engineered-to-be-opened front bonnet is the thing that exposed a bolt to the elements and made it rust... well, uh, I just don't think that's the case.

Plus there are plenty of things under there that an owner would need to access in order to ensure safe operation of the vehicle, including the brake fluid reservoir.
Thanks @Porter

I couldn’t be bothered to type that out for him.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Finally got round to installing the nose badge to complete the black’n’blue look.

Note for extra OCD points, black valve caps!

ab927dce-b8c1-41d3-8ae8-c9eb4ece52d3-jpeg.24122
Can you post the link to purchase the black Emblems?

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
While waiting for Autoglass I’ve found another “new thing”.

This is a headlight adjuster.

View attachment 23187

Behind this allen socket is a bicycle-type cable that goes to the back of the headlight to adjust (presumably) the up/down.

In front of the front wheel in the wheelarch liner is an access panel behind which you can see the mechanism. The above adjuster in the front space saves having to mess around behind the wheel.

It’s not mentioned anywhere in the handbook or service manual that I can see.

Maybe they don’t want us messing with the carefully set up (🤔) LED lights.
This post needs to be split out and turned into a sticky somewhere because it's completely undocumented from what I am able to tell.

@VL3X ? Can you help?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This post needs to be split out and turned into a sticky somewhere because it's completely undocumented from what I am able to tell.

@VL3X ? Can you help?

Hm.. I bookmarked the post, but not sure where we should sticky it. Maybe we should create an Emira Maintenance sub and stick it there? What do you think? It doesn't really fall under modifications.