132 on Lotus website to order.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
it may well be a reshelled Volvo XC40 with better handling
Well, maybe not that exact vehicle though, right? (Since I see that apparently Volvo XC40 is gas-powered and I thought Type 132 was supposed to be electric...)

Never mind, I see now they have an XC40, and an XC40 Recharge! 🤦

Last edited:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think it's global, 2023

I am calling my USA dealer tomorrow. Like everyone I think the price will be competitive. But unique, solid, stylish looks and superior driving dynamics could make this a very very popular car. The "SUV for Enthusiasts!"

Reactions: DJS

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Going to be the EpicLotus or even the Epiglotus, (gulp).
Price has to be equal to or less than the 2023 electric Porsche Macan, I would hope £70,000 base & £85,000 FE. Two power options, got to be 250 & 350 mile ranges. Price unlikely to be in Aston DBX league but then a £2mil Evija was a shocker so you can never tell. Sorry, Matt, not going to put deposit down just yet though, Lotus drip feed info to build excitement ;) as per
Its going to be up against the cayenne and around same size

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if type 132 is not based on the Geely‘s SEA plateform, which underpins the Zeeker 001.

Lotus claims it is whole new plateform but again, they also claims Emira is on a totally new plateform than the Evora, which we know is a bit of playing with the word.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cooled off from the decision and increasingly thinking I don't understand the point of the 132. It's going to be expensive yet an EV Merc will be better built, have a better interior and easier to service. The Lotus will ride better, but I have the Emira for that. The car probably makes sense in China where there will be no import tariffs so it will be competitive.

So it better be pretty special at the reveal, not just a looker, but actually offer something unique.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Cooled off from the decision and increasingly thinking I don't understand the point of the 132. It's going to be expensive yet an EV Merc will be better built, have a better interior and easier to service. The Lotus will ride better, but I have the Emira for that. The car probably makes sense in China where there will be no import tariffs so it will be competitive.

So it better be pretty special at the reveal, not just a looker, but actually offer something unique.
If you think to broaden out your car brand you must have an SUV - moving forward its got to be an EV so it makes sense, BUT Lotus have got to have a USP to penetrate the market to move folks away from Mercedes and Porsche (easy to do with the BMW IX , its horribly designed).
I'm not the target audience for an expensive electric SUV but there is a market for it. Pretty soon the Emira will be on the bottom run to Lotus ownership.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I found this video that says the 132 will ride on the "Lotus Premium Architecture."

This is a cool video! Not sure how true the facts are but here it is:

That video… sorry but that thing Is fugly. Take a Macan anyday over that.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That video… sorry but that thing Is fugly. Take a Macan anyday over that.

I don't think that is the actual SUV, I think that is just their rendering. They mentioned the teaser video showing the front grill only.