• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

1000ml service?!?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Here's a strange one, had an email from my dealer saying if my 5mth old 2k ml car has done more then 1k miles they strongly recommend an aftershaves service at £153, anyone else?

meccanisti

Reaction score
Yup they've just emailed me (this is Central Lotus, right?)

I had previously wondered if was a good idea.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's a strange one, had an email from my dealer saying if my 5mth old 2k ml car has done more then 1k miles they strongly recommend an aftershaves service at £153, anyone else?
That's a steep price for aftershave!

0827755070115_0_A1C1_1200.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Odd and inconsistent with previous statements from Lotus.

When they first published the service schedule there was as no post running in service at 1000 miles, unlike the Evora. Lots of people queried it and they confirmed it was no longer needed. I wonder if this is Lotus or Toyota changing tack?

If you live a long way from a dealer it’ll be an extra trip and usually needs to be within +/- 200 miles from memory.

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yup they've just emailed me (this is Central Lotus, right?)

I had previously wondered if was a good idea.
Via Central Lotus (found them to be excellent), I have chosen a oil service (now nearly 3000miles) plus 2/3 recalls (Wiper motor, tether, and code updates) , and some other bits to be done Monday the 7th August. Oil change was recommended by Scott at the Bethel handover.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I always thought the whole no need to change the oil until the first service thing was a little bit risky. The first few hundred miles of break in are when you see the most break-in glitter ✨.

Your oil filter will be catching plenty of it too, needs to be changed.

Won’t catch me keeping that oil in there for a year.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I always thought the whole no need to change the oil until the first service thing was a little bit risky. The first few hundred miles of break in are when you see the most break-in glitter ✨.

Your oil filter will be catching plenty of it too, needs to be changed.

Won’t catch me keeping that oil in there for a year.
exactly this. iv always heard the same for all my other cars. im definitely not going to cheap out on a oil change

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds like the dealer trying to get a bit of extra business.

No harm in getting it done and probably a good idea, but “strongly recommended” isn’t the same as “mandatory to maintain warranty”.

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I asked JCT about an oil service, think they wanted about £400 , thought that was a bit steep !

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve choosen to do an oil/filter change at about 2k km. It’s not required, we checked back with Lotus. Probably still a decent decision. Set me back about 430€ (That’s including VAT)

meccanisti

Reaction score
I’ve choosen to do an oil/filter change at about 2k km. It’s not required, we checked back with Lotus. Probably still a decent decision. Set me back about 430€ (That’s including VAT)
Wow, did they use liquid gold?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I got to 1000 miles I asked my dealer to do an oil change. They talked me out of it.