• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gator Visit / Test Drive

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Stopped by Gator today for a quick test drive...Wow they have a lot of cars in the process of being delivered. Here's a pic of the show room. As always the team at Gator was phenomenal! They are really excited about finally being able to deliver cars!

IMG_6130.JPG

That atlantis is looking pretty good back there. I wonder what the take rates would have been if that was an FE1.0 color. I also love the way Nimbus makes the body creases look so sharp.

I went by there Monday and test drove one. They had an awesome assortment of cars and we're very friendly. I wish I had put my deposit down with them.

Also took a test drive there last week, was nice to also see a lot of color combinations in person. It was nice to finally drive one (last only sat in the original pre-production model a few years back). Happy that a lot of the pain points I have had with Evora/400/GT are not an issue anymore.

I have not put a deposit down yet but will probably do so soon with Gator. I don't really want to buy anything until next year anyway so longer I wait the better honestly.

Also took a test drive there last week, was nice to also see a lot of color combinations in person. It was nice to finally drive one (last only sat in the original pre-production model a few years back). Happy that a lot of the pain points I have had with Evora/400/GT are not an issue anymore.

I have not put a deposit down yet but will probably do so soon with Gator. I don't really want to buy anything until next year anyway so longer I wait the better honestly.
They have a lot of cars on order so you should probably get in line now.

Last edited:
They have a little of cars on order so you should probably get in line now.
Yeah they have a big order book, which for me is fine. They still think about this time next year (Knowing lotus, it will be longer). I could also contact Glenview as well but would prefer Gator.

If I am waiting and some used ones start popping up at a discount I won't complain either. The car is fine but it's not god's chariot. Hopefully with longer wait means more color options, an actual base model pricing etc. but I am happy with the current color/interior options.

No way I was putting a deposit without driving one given some of the things I couldn't live with in the S1/S2 Evora. I also want to drive an AMG variant.

My Exige and 997.2 C2S are not going anywhere anytime soon so like I said, nice to have.

Yeah they have a big order book, which for me is fine. They still think about this time next year (Knowing lotus, it will be longer). I could also contact Glenview as well but would prefer Gator.

If I am waiting and some used ones start popping up at a discount I won't complain either. The car is fine but it's not god's chariot. Hopefully with longer wait means more color options, an actual base model pricing etc. but I am happy with the current color/interior options.

No way I was putting a deposit without driving one given some of the things I couldn't live with in the S1/S2 Evora. I also want to drive an AMG variant.

My Exige and 997.2 C2S are not going anywhere anytime soon so like I said, nice to have.
I test drove a CLA45S and the engine and trans were very impressive. I'm a manual guy but it's time for me to try a dual clutch and the versatility off the power and efficiency offered by the i4 emira will be a good mix for me coming from v8s that get horrible gas mileage.

I test drove a CLA45S and the engine and trans were very impressive. I'm a manual guy but it's time for me to try a dual clutch and the versatility off the power and efficiency offered by the i4 emira will be a good mix for me coming from v8s that get horrible gas mileage.
Yeah right on. I have heard great things for sure. Having owned a very modified S1 Evora S already the different powertrain would definitely make it feel like a completely different car. I am curious how much lower the engine sits vs the v6 and if that lower mass is noticeable when driving it hard. The torque for a street driven car will be nice as well, but it's not like the V6 powerplant is bad though they have always done a good job with it.

As long as I have a manual (and I have 2 nice ones already) I am open to something dual clutch. My wife is also shopping cars and right now wants a Boxster PDK but is also curious about the Emira i4 so definitely on the radar (would rather buy 1 car vs 2...).

Emira is a great car either way, people getting them now are fortunate and I hope they drive them hard and keep them for a long time!

I don’t understand the delivery timeframes. So many owners ready for pickup, but awaiting the dealers blessing first. Is the PDI really that intensive or is it something else?

Most of these dealerships have several sales people, and the actual paperwork isn’t that time consuming. Why aren’t dealerships cranking through dozens of cars/day?

That atlantis is looking pretty good back there. I wonder what the take rates would have been if that was an FE1.0 color. I also love the way Nimbus makes the body creases look so sharp.
I love my Magma Red but if Atlantis Blue had been an FE 1.0 color, I 100% would have chosen it. A truly fantastic color.

I was plucked from normalcy and granted the Dunce Cap of Moderation just this afternoon. Clearly there are some problems with good judgment at the highest levels here. 🤪
That means you are now the stuckee, like being chosen to be the test driver in a GM crash dummy vehicle lol. Now you can swat the miscreants and other assorted undesirables. I will now have more sympathy, empathy and understanding should you suddenly lose it now and then. It's an occupational hazard don't ya know.

Your exige will certainly be more hardcore. And the 997.2 C2S, is well known as an analogue driving experience. I’m not surprised that the Emira may be less of a wow for you if you have 2 cars that do some things better. There is some redundancy there.

If your other car was an SUV or something I think the emira is an amazing option- a modern analogue drivers car that looks pretty damn good. The design is maybe the part that might tip you if that’s important to you.

I love my Magma Red but if Atlantis Blue had been an FE 1.0 color, I 100% would have chosen it. A truly fantastic color.

Yeah, my wife and I really liked this color. Here is pic of same car. Magma red was nice as well, there was a vivid red parked next to it earlier but was getting picked up so missed that one. Would like to see them all in full sun.

1000001679.jpg

Your exige will certainly be more hardcore. And the 997.2 C2S, is well known as an analogue driving experience. I’m not surprised that the Emira may be less of a wow for you if you have 2 cars that do some things better. There is some redundancy there.

If your other car was an SUV or something I think the emira is an amazing option- a modern analogue drivers car that looks pretty damn good. The design is maybe the part that might tip you if that’s important to you.
Yup. That is one of the reasons I ended up getting rid of my S1 Evora S. It slotted a bit in-between the Exige and 997 but basically had the same use case as the 997 for me. I ended up selling it though due to health issues or I would have kept it. Hopefully in a few more months I will be able to look at the health issues in the rear view mirror, fingers crossed.

The Emira is a very stunning car, and out of the new cars available the only one that I keep going back to. I am fortunate that I can own and store a bunch of cars but ultimately I don't like having a lot of cars (upkeep, insurance, washing...). I just can't get over how the car looks both in pictures and in person.

Last edited:
Yeah, my wife and I really liked this color. Here is pic of same car. Magma red was nice as well, there was a vivid red parked next to it earlier but was getting picked up so missed that one. Would like to see them all in full sun.

View attachment 43815

Yup. That is one of the reasons I ended up getting rid of my S1 Evora S. It slotted a bit in-between the Exige and 997 but basically had the same use case as the 997 for me. I ended up selling it though due to health issues or I would have kept it. Hopefully in a few more months I will be able to look at the health issues in the rear view mirror, fingers crossed.

The Emira is a very stunning car, and out of the new cars available the only one that I keep going back to. I am fortunate that I can own and store a bunch of cars but ultimately I don't like having a lot of cars (upkeep, insurance, washing...). I just can't get over how the car looks both in pictures and in person.
IMG_6729.jpeg

I cought one out there when I was there.