• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Vivid Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Literally stops traffic!

0M8A9667.jpg

Attachments

• 0M8A9644.jpg
    0M8A9644.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 0M8A9762.jpg
    0M8A9762.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 0M8A9769.jpg
    0M8A9769.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 0M8A9798.jpg
    0M8A9798.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 0M8A9844.jpg
    0M8A9844.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 92
I'm a big fan or Red cars as you will see from the photo below (my current weekenders) but the top photos just don't do it for me. The video of the red one with black pack looks better though, thanks for sharing CDM1855(y).
Wouldn't pick red though due to everyone thinking it was a Ferrari

View attachment 8605
Wow imagine that ? confusing it with a Ferrari...could have been a lot worse, I suppose.

Picked up yesterday:

IMG_1139.jpg

Photo shows salesperson taking off cover for the "big reveal".

Similar to my 2020 C8 Corvette, which was one of the first in my City, I'm getting a lot of looks and people taking photos of this car, with this being the first Emira registered where I live. I had a red Ferrari break a lot of laws to check out my Emira this morning, then he promptly broke more and zoomed away on the shoulder of the roadway in heavy traffic, no doubt wondering why he bothered for a lowly Lotus (lol).

I installed the "soft rubber channel" around the outer edge of the hard plastic next to the leather seat (thanks for the heads-up from Forum members) before driving home, to avoid damage to the seat leather. Ordered replacement black/silver nose badge and wheel center caps, which will eliminate all yellow on vehicle and match the steering wheel center (my "car-nut buddy" thinks the Lotus police should incarcerate me for replacing THE Lotus logo colors). Immediately encased both key fobs to prevent damage (thanks Bancho!). I also showed them to my dealer who was ++ impressed with their workmanship, showing me a Bentley key fob case that looked similar. I gave him the website link and suggested they consider providing every new Emira owner with a matching fob case. (LMK Bancho if you're contacted by Calgary Lotus.) I'll lose the car for a week starting tomorrow morning, while a full wrap and ceramic is being done (rims/calipers/glass/headlights, etc.), plus protective film on the front windshield. Have name in for silent cilantro's custom magsafe wireless charger. New carpets on order from "Witimats". Will likely order alcantara to cover the visor warning stickers (thanks again to silent cilantro for the alcantara reference). No doubt other goodies to follow. Can't wait for the 1,500 km break-in to end, so I can stop religiously varying my speed...

Three different pics, artificial light, cloudy, full sun

Attachments

• B853F75E-DB14-463F-9AA1-90F8FB23B739.jpeg
    B853F75E-DB14-463F-9AA1-90F8FB23B739.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 388164B9-F12E-43E1-8754-E9D8A272780F.jpeg
    388164B9-F12E-43E1-8754-E9D8A272780F.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 30FFB863-FFE3-4C58-9E41-FD793A7CFF57.jpeg
    30FFB863-FFE3-4C58-9E41-FD793A7CFF57.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 45
That is identical spec to my order. Glad you did no upper blackpack and no diamond cut wheels. Pick up from Galpin?
Picked up from Galpin. They said this was their first Vivid Red delivery. The only option I wavered on after seeing other pics was the Diamond cut wheels, but I decided I like all silver better. Very happy with the spec choice. When do you get yours?

Picked up from Galpin. They said this was their first Vivid Red delivery. The only option I wavered on after seeing other pics was the Diamond cut wheels, but I decided I like all silver better. Very happy with the spec choice. When do you get yours?
I'm afraid still waiting for mine. Jack at Galpin told me his status showed it as "wholesaled" which frankly I still don't know what that means. And that was on May 22. I read up on forum thread about another vivid customer that delivered with paint issues. Was that your car?

BTW-which insurer did you go with if you don't me asking. I have American Family Connect (through Costco) and they are giving me a bit of a run around.

Last edited:
I'm afraid still waiting for mine. Jack at Galpin told me his status showed it as "wholesaled" which frankly I still don't know what that means. And that was on May 22. I read up on forum thread about another vivid customer that delivered with paint issues. Was that your car?

BTW-which insurer did you go with if you don't me asking. I have American Family Connect (through Costco) and they are giving me a bit of a run around.
No issues that I can see yet. Probably State Farm. So far covered under CA law. 😎