@ nimbus_emira_v6

IMG_20231118_145356_313.jpg

For the 11th time., And they've had another go at re installing the software. 4 days now and I've not had the non start issue so far. I do however still get the sos warning that I'd not had once in the previous 8mths.

Hopefully the fix is coming...

SOON....

So 5mths after lotus broke my car with the update and with the service light flashing up asking me to spend more money on it I emailed Lotus. Surprisingly I got an email back asking when was convenient for customer services to call, I emailed them back and they called Monday as arranged. Very apologetic and promised to speak toy local dealer and liaise to find a solution. We'll see how far it goes bit a good response so far.

However I'm still left with the starting issue, driver mode unavailable at times and climate and stereo reverting to factory settings. Occasional EML.
The SOS issue Seems to have disappeared recently.

In other news after driving all summer in track and the car being planted, sport in the winter is pretty lairy, allows for some pretty big angles and haven't actually felt it cut in yet!

I'm on 4k mls and not sure the rears have much left in them tbh šŸ˜³

So 5mths after lotus broke my car with the update and with the service light flashing up asking me to spend more money on it I emailed Lotus. Surprisingly I got an email back asking when was convenient for customer services to call, I emailed them back and they called Monday as arranged. Very apologetic and promised to speak toy local dealer and liaise to find a solution. We'll see how far it goes bit a good response so far.

However I'm still left with the starting issue, driver mode unavailable at times and climate and stereo reverting to factory settings. Occasional EML.

In other news after driving all summer in track and the car being planted, sport in the winter is pretty lairy, allows for some pretty big angles and haven't actually felt it cut in yet!

Do you plan on keeping her given the issues you've had over the last few months?

Do you plan on keeping her given the issues you've had over the last few months?
I think so, as i said to lotus I might have given up on it (and regretted it) had the market not been so horrendous

I think so, as i said to lotus I might have given up on it (and regretted it) had the market not been so horrendous
Thank you! I go back and forth on whether I want to keep mine when it arrives. Definitely a bit of a gamble from new car issues, parts issues and dealing with Lotus issues.

Thank you! I go back and forth on whether I want to keep mine when it arrives. Definitely a bit of a gamble from new car issues, parts issues and dealing with Lotus issues.
In fairness whilst I've had quite a few niggles nothing has stopped me driving it and so far lotus and central lotus my dealer have been good to deal with. The length of time this software update has taken though is just unacceptable.

Have you got it booked in for the latest January software update. I believe this may fix your issues. Iā€™m interested to find out owners findings after the update.

Have you got it booked in for the latest January software update. I believe this may fix your issues. Iā€™m interested to find out owners findings after the update.
Not sure they've actually rolled it out yet?

It is odd that some owners have software issues and some donā€™t but use the same version of software update.

Apart from when my door lock stopped working I have not had an issue and the records show the previous owners didnā€™t either. Iā€™m just hoping Iā€™m not due some. šŸ˜

Been a while so a quick update on what's been happening with my car over the last few months.
So in April it was agreed between myself and Lotus that they Would take the car back to the factory, drop me off an Eletra, Do the update, service it and look at a few other issues. That's pretty much what happened apart from they Forgot to service it.
However , it did agree to cover the cost at my local center , which has now been done. At the factory on top of the software update I had with front seats replaced, not 100% sure why other than the drivers side had sagged a little (that happened immediately and the new on seems much better), a new battery, some trim replaced on the center console that had marked and a new tyre that apparently had a screw in it!

Since its return I'd love to say the start issue has disappeared but its happened about 3 times over the last 2 mths (hugely better than pre update 50:50 start roulette). It seems if I rush to start it before all the systems have woken up its not happy!

On the plus side I've done some great drives the last few months including a peaks drive with a crew of gt3 and gt3rs (and a 488) where on the twisty roads it held its own no problem. Also last weekend was a faultless 1200ml trip through Holland, Belgium, France and Germany with a stop at the Nurburgring for a few laps.

More stuff on my Instagram @emira_nimbus_v6

1000049699.jpg

1000046094.jpg

Been a while so a quick update on what's been happening with my car over the last few months.
So in April it was agreed between myself and Lotus that they Would take the car back to the factory, drop me off an Eletra, Do the update, service it and look at a few other issues. That's pretty much what happened apart from they Forgot to service it.
However , it did agree to cover the cost at my local center , which has now been done. At the factory on top of the software update I had with front seats replaced, not 100% sure why other than the drivers side had sagged a little (that happened immediately and the new on seems much better), a new battery, some trim replaced on the center console that had marked and a new tyre that apparently had a screw in it!

Since its return I'd love to say the start issue has disappeared but its happened about 3 times over the last 2 mths (hugely better than pre update 50:50 start roulette). It seems if I rush to start it before all the systems have woken up its not happy!

On the plus side I've done some great drives the last few months including a peaks drive with a crew of gt3 and gt3rs (and a 488) where on the twisty roads it held its own no problem. Also last weekend was a faultless 1200ml trip through Holland, Belgium, France and Germany with a stop at the Nurburgring for a few laps.

More stuff on my Instagram @emira_nimbus_v6

View attachment 45714

View attachment 45715
The Emira looks right at home in that lineup.