• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus carpet stencil

Tim

Reaction score
I loved the detailing from the factory collection, but I’d rubbed out half of it getting in and out..

3D printer to the rescue! I’m going to make a few more tweaks so the bottom acts as a guide against the rubber, but I’m quite chuffed with the result 😃

Happy to post the STL file once it’s “just right”…

Attachments

• IMG_5380.jpeg
    IMG_5380.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 2,275
I loved the detailing from the factory collection, but I’d rubbed out half of it getting in and out..

3D printer to the rescue! I’m going to make a few more tweaks so the bottom acts as a guide against the rubber, but I’m quite chuffed with the result 😃

Happy to post the STL file once it’s “just right”…
Brilliant, I guess a laser cut in thin ply would work well too.

Last edited:
@Tim Happy to share the STL? My car is due a clean and the stencilling has rubbed off

Just tried to open the 3mf, Cura is telling me there are no models in it :unsure:

Still not working, do you have the STL per chance?

Still not working, do you have the STL per chance?

Yup here you go - I printed it slightly larger than this (230 x 96 x 1mm).

Attachments

• LOTUS Stencil.stl.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 97
Had a buddy give a try today and it ended up warping. If it were thicker would it stay flat ?

You could try turning off uniform slicing and just scaling the z axis in your slicer?

Thicker may affect how well it allows brushing the carpet underneath. Maybe add a ticker stiffening frame on the four edges?

Yea, failing that, just scale the Z axis in Cura.