• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Is Vivid Red too "Ferrari" looking?

981KMAN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If I spec out an Emira in Vivid Red, will it be too Ferrari looking? I want a Lotus - not a Ferrari, yet the Emira looks good in Red!

Lotus Emira Vivid Red-02.jpg

Lotus Emira Vivid Red.jpg

Lotus Emira Vivid Red-03.jpg

Your opinions, especially from current Lotus Owners, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Lotus Emira Vivid Red-02.jpg
    Lotus Emira Vivid Red-02.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 39
I think vivid red looks great on the Emira but I haven’t see it in person. I opted for NG but VR was a close second.
Does this look like a Ferrari, Personally I don’t this so..
What do guys think?

Attachments

• FE9C2106-B93B-4F40-803D-83237BA7A9AE.jpeg
    FE9C2106-B93B-4F40-803D-83237BA7A9AE.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 81
  • D1CA6678-27E0-4CFD-8477-72F3F47EC366.jpeg
    D1CA6678-27E0-4CFD-8477-72F3F47EC366.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 82
If I had a dollar for every time some sister-dating, lifted-truck driving, GED certificate holding person in KY asked me..."Is that a Furrarreee"? when I stopped for gas in my Evora GT....Well, you know the rest:)

EVORA gt.jpeg

So yea, your gunna get this if you buy a red Emira.

Last edited:
Here’s a Vivid Red outside in the sun for comparison. I know some will immediately think Ferrari, but like others here said, just pick the color that makes you happy no matter what others think it is.
IMG_5661.jpeg

If it's the color you love then choose it, but accept that you will get people asking about your Ferrari and you will probably get a bit of the "couldn't you afford the real thing?" stuff too.

In certain countries, there's a stigma attached to brands like Ferrari or Lambo . . some people will just assume that you're a wanker, a drug dealer, etc. One of the things I like about Lotus is that it doesn't get judged in the same way.

Last edited:
If it's the color you love then choose it. But accept that you will get lots of people asking about your Ferrari and you will probably get a bit of the "couldn't you afford the real thing?" stuff too.

In certain countries, there's a stigma attached to Ferrari as a brand. . . some people will just assume that you're a wanker. One of the things I like about Lotus is that it doesn't get judged the same way as Ferrari, Lambo, etc.
True car enthusiasts who can afford a Ferrari may not want one. The BS you have to put up with at the dealers and the fact they don't make a drivers car with a manual transmission is an deal breaker for me.

I went into the Ferrari of Washington near Ashburn VA a few years back to inquire about a 458. The sales guy was such a prick I left there with the firm conviction that the prancing horse brand was not for me.

I had to think about this for a bit, but no, I think the Emira outline and proportions are too sensible and restrained to be mistaken for a Ferrari. And, I'm not a red car person, but Vivid looks really really good on this car.

And as others have said, someone will always mistake everything for something else. My wife cries on the inside whenever someone asks how she likes her Genesis or Crossfire (2013 V8 Vantage). 😖

you gotta buy what you like . By end of the day you’re going to drive the car not other people . I always wanted yellow lotus so for me was very easy but from new colors I like the most Atlantis blue and zinc grey with grey ice interior .

Ferrari doesn't own the color red. The reality is that this car looks stunning in just about every color and everyone should choose solely based on what THEY want. I did go with the "Ferrari" spec, but only because the green turned out too dark for my liking.

IMG_0690.JPG

In today's world, who cares what others think? They do so little of it anyways, it's not worth worrying about. You're buying it, get what you like.
Yeah and remember there are many "Ferrari Reds" over the years. So....its really not like you are copying any particular marque's color. Although one should bear in mind that red cars are just a little faster as is commonly known...

Yeah and remember there are many "Ferrari Reds" over the years. So....its really not like you are copying any particular marque's color. Although one should bear in mind that red cars are just a little faster as is commonly known...
Red has traditionally been the color of choice for Italian cars, with Alfa Romeo doing it long before Ferrari. Silver was the traditional German car color. English/Jaguar was traditionally dark green. Blue was traditionally French I believe. American cars started out mostly black, which brings up the famous quote from Henry Ford "You can have any color you like as long as it's black".

A lot of color choices were often the result of what was available because of the times; world wars and the great depression had a huge impact on what was available for civilian use. Black paint was used a lot for cars from all over the world, even if some parts of the car were a different color.

As far as color choices, we're living in unprecedented times in that regard. If you want to pay for a custom paint job, you can get pretty much anything you can think of now days.