• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Got my Emira - questions anybody?

@lion shf I know people who daily Elises - so sure, why not. You can daily the Emira! If it makes sense economicaly is probably also a personal decision. Driving it every day is possible if the luggage space and 2-seat limitation is not an issue for you. I personally always feel a bit weird parking these cars openly on the road. Not over night, she's got her on garage space. But when going out for dinner for example. I have the same with the Evora: These cars stick out on the public road. Plus I am always worried about vandalism.

From a practical point of view: the AC / heater is very powerful and the wipers also make a very good impression compared to the old generation cars. Thats a plus for daily usability imho.

What I was refering to is that (at least thats how it was done in Germany) you had to bring the car back to the dealer for a first, free service after I believe 1500km (?). Part of this service was that your driving profile was read from the ECU and this data was send back to Lotus, who were reserving the right to reject warranty claims in case the run in wasn't done properly.

@idleuser I'll measure the wheels later today, offset I have to figure out how to measure.
Without obvious markings on the wheel you’ll have to take a wheel off.

1667046552092.jpeg

It should be engraved somewhere, or have stickers. Else they will not be allowed to sell it in some countries.

What I was refering to is that (at least thats how it was done in Germany) you had to bring the car back to the dealer for a first, free service after I believe 1500km (?). Part of this service was that your driving profile was read from the ECU and this data was send back to Lotus, who were reserving the right to reject warranty claims in case the run in wasn't done properly.

@idleuser I'll measure the wheels later today, offset I have to figure out how to measure.
In the US, the dealerships also scanned and sent engine data back to Lotus at 1,000 mile service.

I know many of you are eagerly waiting for news and maybe I can give a little bit back to this community of likeminded enthusiasts after all the months it has kept the waiting somewhat entertaining. 😅

While I have already posted some impressions on my introduction thread, maybe I can provide pictures or infos about the car that many of you have been waiting for.

Stuff I didn't hear about before spending the first day with the car:

* There are driver profiles in the entertainment system and you can lock them with a PIN code. They seem to remember car settings like mirror positions, infotainment screen setup and so on.

* The scorpion tracker seems to have a proximity alarm when the car is locked (at least something beeped when I leaned close to the locked car).

* The cupholders have ambient light in them. 🧐

* The engine / supercharger is more noticeable on the "RHD" driver seat (my passenger seat). One might say the car sounds better on the right side 😅

* The boot lid makes a squeaking noise when opening(?!) from some plastic flexing inside the engine bay.

* You can mute the audio by swiping down on the steering wheel audio controls and unmute by swiping up.

* Lotus has no official run-in period / after sales service anymore. First service in one year or 16000km.

* The sport suspension is 1cm lower than the tour setup, even though Lotus stated the drive height is the same. It definitely is not!

If you want to know any more details - let me know 🙂
Congrats on your new car!!! So the sports suspension is lower, that makes sense! How is the ride? Soft enough to be bearable on the streets?

I have a question… straight out of factory, where is the PPF already done?

Previously there were some pics shown of small portion of PPF behind the front and rear wheels.

And that's where his inclination to find the figure dissappears! 😉
Ha! No, I even brought a ruler to start measuring away. In fact, it was pretty easy. I'll have to take another snap that has the ET for the rear wheel on it.

Attachments

• 186AA0D3-60B0-4B48-BAF4-FA705582A414.jpeg
    186AA0D3-60B0-4B48-BAF4-FA705582A414.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 27F5F59F-C199-432F-8E69-3DE7E3A4629A.jpeg
    27F5F59F-C199-432F-8E69-3DE7E3A4629A.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 192
Congrats on your new car!!! So the sports suspension is lower, that makes sense! How is the ride? Soft enough to be bearable on the streets?
Absolutely! The ride is sublime and definitely bearable. Most comfortable but sportive ride I experienced so far. Better than Evora 400.

Ha! No, I even brought a ruler to start measuring away. In fact, it was pretty easy. I'll have to take another snap that has the ET for the rear wheel on it.
Wow thanks :) this is def new info.

Front is 8.5x20 ET 57
Rear is 10.5x20 ET 5X?

- Wheels are now made by Dicastal -- US based company and made in China.
- 685 KG load rating which is right on par with other forged 6061-T6 wheels.
- Offsets look different to those in the Evora.
- Nothing on markings clarifies BCD or center bore size however I think we saw them rolling around on old Evora wheels in the factory floor if I remember correctly?

Nice; I’m getting lowering springs as soon as there out
I'm always curious about this... naturally Lotus carefully developed the suspension to be dynamically optimal for the car, is that sacrificed a bit by fiddling with their setup? Is this for any additional performance purpose, or strictly asthetic?

Wow thanks :) this is def new info.

Front is 8.5x20 ET 57
Rear is 10.5x20 ET 5X?
Rear is 10.5x20 ET 54

It was not easy to get a sharp photo, my phone not getting it in focus. But its definitely ET 54.
B708F6E1-4703-4FCC-B96B-C4DBACBBDF0C.jpeg

And for the ride height debate. I drove by the dealer today and still had the measurement tape for the wheels with me. But I forgot to measure my own car on the tour suspension, so pictures of wheel gap with measurement next to it coming later when I'll walk by the garage again.

Last edited:
I'm always curious about this... naturally Lotus carefully developed the suspension to be dynamically optimal for the car, is that sacrificed a bit by fiddling with their setup? Is this for any additional performance purpose, or strictly asthetic?

Like all road going cars — suspension is setup for a balance of looks, road regulations, performance, and comfort.

Some may not like the specific balances picked by Lotus. You can pick your own balance it’s not as if Lotus are the only ones who can competently setup a car.