• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Emira Windshield: expensive to replace?

netsinah

Emira owner.
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As I wait for my Emira, I'm planning ahead, including talking to the same person who's done PPF and ceramic coating on my other vehicles.

He's offered me several options for a windshield protective coating, ranging from Can$150 to (gulp) Can$500 and tells me he's recently put the Can$500 version on a Lambo and it's the "cat's meow" since it doesn't distort, delaminate and has ++excellent self-healing properties. It's apparently called "Ultrafit Windshield Protection Film".

I've applied windshield coatings before, when the windshield has had a lot of electronics built into it, making it more costly to replace.

That results in the question posed in the title of this thread: can anyone tell me if there's anything that makes the Emira front windshield more unique or costly to replace? I can't see paying Can$500 to coat the windshield, if that would pay for a new one...

Many thanks in advance.

As I wait for my Emira, I'm planning ahead, including talking to the same person who's done PPF and ceramic coating on my other vehicles.

He's offered me several options for a windshield protective coating, ranging from Can$150 to (gulp) Can$500 and tells me he's recently put the Can$500 version on a Lambo and it's the "cat's meow" since it doesn't distort, delaminate and has ++excellent self-healing properties. It's apparently called "Ultrafit Windshield Protection Film".

I've applied windshield coatings before, when the windshield has had a lot of electronics built into it, making it more costly to replace.

That results in the question posed in the title of this thread: can anyone tell me if there's anything that makes the Emira front windshield more unique or costly to replace? I can't see paying Can$500 to coat the windshield, if that would pay for a new one...

Many thanks in advance.
Replacement is not cheap. $500 would not cover a new windshield. There are a few threads on this topic. Start with this one, and there are two other threads referenced inside:
Might be the first windshield replacement in the US